Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shout out to RGV

When I operated G- AeroFab at Thruxton did some minor avionics work, and I was very pleased with the work. However, not an FAA shop.

Now in N- mode I have been working with RGV at Gloucester Staverton. From the airplanes in the hangar I would suggest 80% of their clientele is welter weight iron (SET – TBM and PA46). Despite this, they have accompanied me on various odd jobs, namely: restoring the KFC200, replacing the analyser with an Insight G2, restoring the DME, introducing me to Ardent for some paintwork, and last week replacing the no longer supported, inop KI825, with the ubiquitous KI525A.

Alec Vincent has been very helpful, advising on pros and cons, and making room for the work on their schedule. Cost has been very fair, and work completed to a good standard.

It would be very easy for these shops to bat the lighter end of GA away, unless a major upgrade is planned. Hence a public recommendation on the service and expertise at RGV.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I support this assessment. RGV are not cheap, but they do seem to get things right first time, which means ultimately that they are cost-effective and you don’t have to visit more than once to get the result you are looking for. They did a great job on my STEC autopilot upgrade (55x to 3100), and it worked right out of the box.

2 Posts
Sign in to add your message