Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Clouds from a different world - and a 236 NM direct

The purpose of this post is really nothing more than to show a picture of a few electric clouds that somehow reminded me of scenes in science fiction movies. I had a little not from this world experience yesterday on my flight home :-)

… and I got a pretty long direct at FL180. The picture above was taking abeam PPG over the sea inbound GIR.

Frequent travels around Europe

Nice picture.
I recently received the two longest DCTs I’ve ever had.
From Northern Germany to Kristiansand ENCN: 315NM
and 10 days later, going from Malmö ESMS to southern Germany DCT DESTINATION 350NM.

Both happened in FL110 – FL180

EDMA, Germany

I do those cloud pictures aswell, on every flight. This is a very nice one, Stephan!
How do you like these? All made with an iPhone 6.
Many times when i fly, especially on top of a solid overcast or between layers I think about Stanislaw Lem’s novel “Solaris” … one of my favourite books

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 09 Jul 17:16

Yes, pilots are a strange bunch. It’s just water vapor in the air :-) I’ve yet have to come across a pilot who isn’t fascinated by clouds.

Maybe you should join:

https://cloudappreciationsociety.org/

:-)

EDM_, Germany

The water sucking rigs from Oblivion :-)

Last Edited by Stephan_Schwab at 10 Jul 19:58

I’m another self confessed cloud fan, the most underrated element of our natural world, IMHO.

Although layers don’t make the most interesting clouds, they do create spectacular scenes.

Like others being above an undercast is fascinating with the world as we know it hidden.

As a VFR PPL flying towards cloud and entering is always fun too.

Of course the most interesting clouds in their own right are the cumulus…

…they’re simply fascinating.

And just as a reminder the forum is about flying, can you spot the glider under tow?

While on the topic of clouds… these are from a while ago

This is a scene which is commonly seen in the winter

The last one was on a VFR flight, Shoreham to Trieste in Italy, and was over the Alps

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message