Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Does anyone know why the French are making it difficult to get their VFR charts and guide this year?

I just received a bill from SIA for €43.60 in an email from them saying this:

Cher client(e)
EXEPTIONNELLEMENT CETTE ANNEE
Le renouvellement de votre achat de l’an dernier ne peut se faire que par courrier.
Pour recevoir les cartes dès leur sortie, retournez-nous cette offre, telle quelle,
modifiée ou complétée et accompagnée de votre paiement par chèque uniquement.
(les chèques doivent être établis à l’ordre du Régisseur des recettes du S.I.A.).
Veuillez noter que la date de mise en vigueur de la pochette et des cartes au 1/250 000 est le 30 mars 2017.
Merci de votre fidélité.
Cordialement, l’Espace Vente.

Which Google translates as this:
Dear Customer
EXCEPTIONALLY THIS YEAR
The renewal of your purchase last year can only be done by mail.
To receive the cards as soon as they are released, return this offer to us,
Modified or completed and accompanied by your payment by cheque only.
(Checks must be made payable to the ISA Revenue Authority).
Please note that the effective date of the 1/250 000 cover and cards is March 30, 2017.
Thank you for your loyalty.
Best regards, Sales Area.

I live in the UK, outside of the Eurozone. I don’t have a Euro cheque account. I can’t therefore send a Euro cheque for the sum due.

Does anyone know what is going on at the SIA or have any ideas?

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

The SIA, like most national AIS offices, are a pain for buying stuff like like their (or any other) charts. It’s not an aviation shop after all, it’s a state agency.

Therefore, buy this stuff at an aviation shop, such as here. English website and credit card payments.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Howard, as I understate the note on SIA’s website (boutique) you can buy up to a value of 1500€ and pay by credit card.
Only if you want to renew your subscription from last year you have to pay by cheque.
So forget your order from last year and reproduce a new one …

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/boutique?np=3

EDxx, Germany

Howard – maybe you should avoid the SIA chart since it was not intended to be a VFR chart

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Some helpful replies. Thanks. I used to think that the SIA package was useful in terms of their up-to-date regulations etc.

I’ll look into this more carefully and perhaps drop my subscription.

Thanks everyone

H

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

I don’t buy directly from the SIA, but here.

Last Edited by Arne at 26 Feb 23:33
ESMK, Sweden

Howard wrote:

I used to think that the SIA package was useful in terms of their up-to-date regulations etc.

If you want to remain up-to-date, read the French AIP online. The only advantage of the package is that it is an easy reference when you are on the go and do not have any other good way of reading the online AIP.. Its most useful content is the list of R D P areas.

Do you also order the documentation for other European cou tries?

LFPT, LFPN
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message