Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB20/21 makes up 0.14% of Eurocontrol IFR traffic

Quite amusing, but also an interesting report to quickly scan. Local copy

Also “TRIN” covers the TB9,10,200,20,21. Very different aircraft performances, which beggars belief how their perf models can be useful in any meaningful way e.g. for verifying the climb-to-altitude times.

Last Edited by Peter at 24 Jan 14:30
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The most popular piston aircraft for IFR is the DA42 with 0.31% of the traffic (30233 flights in 2012).

That must be mostly the FTO flights. Where I am based they are up there all day.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You clearly see that this data is maintained in France. They use the French made TRIN for a number of other aircraft:

• Beech 95 Travelair
  • Piper PA32T
  • Piper Twin Comanche
  • HR100/200 (whatever that is)
  • Glastar
  • Columbia 400 (now that is flattering)
  • Mooney M20A-D/J/L/R/S/K/M/TN

One problem this approach has is that they pack together a number of rather different aircraft. The TB20 and TB21 are very different in the higher flight levels. I have received the detailed performance data for my aircraft C82R and it is a mix of both the normally aspirated 182RG and the turbo TR182. Their numbers match neither

Last Edited by achimha at 24 Jan 14:36

From my reading of it, the TB-10 Tobago (TOBA) and TB-9 Tampico (TAMP) are treated separately.

EGTT, The London FIR

From my reading of it, the TB-10 Tobago (TOBA) and TB-9 Tampico (TAMP) are treated separately.

The TB-10 Tobago is a C172 and for the TB-9 Tampico there is no performance model at all.

Achimha,

The Robin HR100/200 is the fixed gear HR100 with a 200hp Lyc engine – it was made before the HR100/210 which has the TCM engine.

Ted

Back in 2009, my TR182 (C82R) was treated like a TRIN! Since then they have realized its superior performance and upgraded it to a custom model

Funny also that a DA42 is a Piper Arrow (P28R).

2009 list: http://www.eurocontrol.int/eec/gallery/content/public/documents/EEC_ACE_BADA_documents/SYNONYM.NEW

Last Edited by achimha at 24 Jan 16:02

What’s funny here is that the SR22 and the C172 come tops in the ‘Little League’ and right after each other. Would have expected the C172 much further down the list, but that’s probably nearly all training flights.

PS: Peter, how on Earth do you dig up these docs ????

Last Edited by 172driver at 24 Jan 15:57

TB20/21 makes up 0.14% of Eurocontrol IFR traffic

Traffic in this context means “Total number of flights”.
My feeling is that the stats will look even worse for GA if the stats would be based on “NM miles flown” or “Hours flown” instead of number of flights.
At my home base, I think that 75% of the light IFR traffic is for training. That are typically short flights, i.e. 45 min. to an instrument airport, 20 min. training and 45 minutes back..

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message