Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AOPA Germany recommends Cessna owners to move to UK register

They have given up on trying to convince LBA that their position on the SIDs is wrong and the 95% of the regulators are right. Now they recommend all owners of German registered Cessnas to move to the UK register:

https://aopa.de/aktuell/cessna-sids-und-das-lba-rette-sich-wer-kann.html

They have visited the UK together with AOPA UK and received a clear message that German pilots are welcome on the UK register.

Last Edited by achimha at 30 Apr 13:36

Just google translated that…

N-reg not mentioned?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

But don’t you think that EASA will put the lid on that loophole pretty soon?

ESUM

No – see the other thread (yesterday) about that. They have done it via FCL, via pilot licensing. That’s if you mean N-reg. If you meant German owners moving to G-reg, only the LBA could block that, but presumably not legally under Part M rules.

Administrator

In the EU, you can’t block it. Neither the CAA nor the LBA. In regards to N-reg, yes that option could go away in the future. It would only take a EU directive… Will it go away? I don’t dare to make any predictions.

It’s of course true that “it would only take an EU directive” to force the wearing of pink underpants in all flights below 3500ft in Class E airspace.

The real Q is the process leading up to that, the definition of the rules, and the implementation.

It is trivial for say Somalia to ban N-reg planes parked there for more than 48 hours (implementation is via an AK47 so no problem there) or to ban overflights (implementation is via suitable AAA means below ~ 10000ft or a radar guided SAM above that, so no problem there).

But in the “civilised” EU, given that overflights and landings are not likely to ever be banned Africa-style (without getting a permit; read: without bribing an aviation ministry official), how will you frame such a regulation?

It would have to be defined in terms of a long term parking restriction.

This is obviously the main reason why France and the UK dropped it. Denmark – alone in Europe – continues to run such a scheme, with sporadic fines, which serves primarily as FUD, but that scheme is now supposedly illegal.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Administrator

Welcome to G-reg! G- ..TB and I are still happy with the CAA since 2011

EDxx, Germany

What happens if the UK drops out of EU. If you watch telly you can get the impression it is imminent. We have EU elections coming up, I know.

United Kingdom
Administrator
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message