Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham Air Show Sunday (2014)

This is a bit of a cheeky long shot, but I knew there are a few people who fly out of Shoreham. Does anyone have 2 spare tickets for the show tomorrow, or some contacts who can put two aside? I expect that is a big ask, and the answer might be no. My Wife and I left it until today to check out the weather and decide to go, but they aren’t selling online tickets anymore, and they doubt the availability to accommodate everyone who turns up.

I have a spare ticket which is going to be wasted.

However I am driving there in about an hour – at least that’s the plan. I thought about posting here that if anybody is willing to drive to my house (5nm N of Brighton near the A23) we can go there together, but I am not going to be hanging around there for very long (a few hours max). I have the car permit.

You can buy tickets at the entrance but they are a lot more than the 9 quid I got mine for. I cannot see they will limit people coming in on foot – the show is not that busy.

Last Edited by Peter at 30 Aug 08:12
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter, encouraging that maybe there will be tickets still available on the door. The website is putting out warnings about ticket availability, and being a few hours from Shoreham I didn’t want to take a chance and not get some. The Canadian Lanc isn’t flying so maybe less people will bother going. Enjoy the show today :-)

Well I dont know if the alerts on the Shoreham airshow website were justified or not, but I was luckly and had one of the local newsagent sellers put one by the night before, and true to his word, and surprisingly, he hadnt flogged them to someone else :-)

Shoreham is a great airshow, and better than Duxford IMHO (though Duxford do traffic ‘management’ much better it has to be said). Here are my highlights from the show.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/piperarcher2273/sets/72157647103073071/

Great pictures of some interesting aircraft. For example, I have never seen that German WW1 low-wing airplane before… Thanks for sharing!

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message