Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Photos of your planes

Lovely plane and great panel Timothy!

I like the dual Aspen (is that a 1500 or 2000 setup?) and the GTN’s, lots of possibilities. I reckon this pic was taken just after the modification with all the folios still on?

What autopilot have you got in that one?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It still has the original Altimatic V in it, which works beautifully.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

I have the VGs

Acronym for what please?

UK, United Kingdom

Sorry. Vortex Generators.

Little tabs that redirect the airflow to ensure that airflow over the wing is improved.

In most cases they are used to reduce stall speed and hence reduce runway requirements, but on the PA31 they add to MAUW and make no difference to speeds.

They weigh about 300gm and add 100Kg. Yummy!

EGKB Biggin Hill

This is “Lusty Betty”, the Cessna 140 that I had when I lived in Houston. I really ought to scan more of my photos (these were probably scanned in about 2000):

This one was done by attaching a 35mm SLR to the strut where it joins the wing. The camera was triggered by a RC aircraft gear (RC 72MHz PCM, using a servo to press the shutter release on the camera!)

Moving on to today…

(Also someone at Barton got some really nice photos on the same day – see https://www.flickr.com/photos/egcb_egcc/29566449894 ). I really like that there are spotters out there with good cameras. Unfortunately they just don’t exist in the US – the only photos I’ve found of our Cessna 140 online are ones I took. However, there are dozens of photos right back to the 1950s of the Auster that google will pull up.

Droning away at Andreas yielded this:

Andreas IOM

My beloved C172N 1980 with CD135 engine:

Last Edited by CD135 at 18 Mar 17:06
EDFM

My recently bought Arrow IV.

Recently ferry from Finland to Cyprus.

LPSR, Portugal

The Bonanza……

The Super Cub

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Well technically not mine; but the last I can fly on.
Is also the plane on which I did my NVFR in EBCI

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

BK has seen quite a bit of the world. Previous owner was based in Singapore, and after flying it together from Singapore up to Puket I couldn’t resist when he wanted to sell. Brought it to Europe in 1996. Count the antennae folks – I think it’s 12 !

First photo is on approach to Zell-am-See last May. Second photo is landing at Terni during AAA “giro d’Italia” trip last summer.

Last Edited by chflyer at 28 Mar 11:02
LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message