Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

This is happening on the French aeroclub scene

I was wondering about the scale of the ones you gave as an example.

I think that 1:1M charts are probably not widely used because it would be too hard to depict the airspace in a manner easily legible in a cockpit, hence people using the 1:500k (and as said I don’t have issues with the I think fairly commonly used IGN ones)

The CAA charts are the ones I like the most, but that might be due to some bias because that’s the ones I learned with.

alioth wrote:

Even in the Isle of Man we now have good food (it used to be worse than England).

We might take you up on that. Is there a decent pub lunch to be had within walking distance of Andreas or Garey?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I couldnt find Alioth’s post that you are referencing (or maybe I did but didnt quite follow the comments) but I think the Brits should organise a fly in to somewhere on the south coast where a really good lunch can be found for any Europeans that would like to see there is good food and easy to access airspace.

- where would I suggest – Goodwood, there is an excellent gourmet pub a few minutes away, a good all year airfield suitable for most types including light twins (albeit all grass runways) and far enough along the south coast to enable pilots to experience a few different air traffic services along the way, as well as much of interest at the airfield as well, including the probability of some track activity at an iconic circuit, a number of based Spitfires and other aircraft of interest.

Fuji_Abound wrote:

grass runways

You mean flat putting greens?

Dp – ah thank you, yes I had noticed the optional maps but never felt the need. The included base map I find very good.

46 Posts
Sign in to add your message