Welcome to our forums

Best flying picture(s) or flying video(s) of 2016

Yes – sorry; I meant to say Dolomites versus Swiss or Austrian Alps

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@loco: which plane ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

I am very far from being experienced in filming and video editing like @AdamFrisch, but I hope you like the video anyway. It is a combination of some flying the year with the Sperling. (with a few shots from 17 and a few from 15.)

Last Edited by mh at 08 Jan 09:27
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

mh great airplane great airfield-may I ask why the very short control column?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@RobertL18C Since Egon Scheibe died in 1997, I guess we’ll never know why he designed such a short stick. However, I like it because it is very comfortable and gives enough room for bigger pilots.

EDIT: The Airfield is EDXE Rheine-Eschendorf: http://edxe.de/hp/flugplatz – If you want to drop in, drop me a short note.

Last Edited by mh at 08 Jan 16:31
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Once a year, around the longest day, there is sunset flying in the Netherlands. Almost every GA-field joins in and at this evening your are able to arrive at these airports at sunset (about 22:00 LT). This photo was taken after the flight from EHLE (Lelystad) to EHTX (Texel) and back in the hangar at EHLE. The PH-1263 on the photo is not the plane we flew but due to its wingspan (it’s a TMG) it sits near to the hangar doors. Through the open doors we had a beautiful view on the sunset colors.
This year sunset flying is at June, 23.

EHLE (Lelystad - NL), Netherlands

Nice!

Just in case: VFR flying is possible until ECET, which is usually around sunset +40. No need to stop flying at sunset, not even in countries which – for some reason – don’t allow VFR at night.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscomantico, true, but most GA-fields in the Netherlands normally close around 21:00 LT (in summer). So having one extra hour flying time is very nice.

EHLE (Lelystad - NL), Netherlands

That’s a great photo, CCO709. Did you clean and polish the plane for it? Looks amazing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was very happy with this rainbow at Shoreham- flew through it before I landed to give the plane a wash.

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message