Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where do I get plastic sheet protectors for Trinidad POH?

The POH is a 21 ring binder (if I counted correctly). It’s kind of an odd format, which I have never seen before in Europe or US.

United States

The punches for that binder do exist but they are unusual, and not cheap. When I did customised AFMSs I just used one of the existing pages to mark up the hole positions and then punched them, one hole at a time, with one of the pins of a standard 2-pin hole punch.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is there a requirement for N-regs to carry the POH in the original version printed by the manufacturer in the plane?

For my D-reg TB I scanned the original POH and now have a pdf-file on the iPad and keep a print-out of the scan in a standard folder in the plane. So far, my A/P has not complained.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Is there a requirement for N-regs to carry the POH in the original version printed by the manufacturer in the plane?

No… For my #2 N-registered aircraft I carry a Xerox size-reduced version measuring approximately 50-mm x 100-mm. Although the performance data is no longer valid due to field approved aircraft modifications, I can imagine using the W&B info some day. For my N-registered aircraft #1 no POH was issued by the manufacturer, so no worries.

(Bold added by me)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 17 Apr 16:11

Thanks Silvaire

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

I don’t recall seeing any FAA reg requiring the carriage of “original documents”.

Those words have often featured on pilot forums but have nearly always been the invention of the writer.

I do however recall that they have crept into some EASA regs recently. Don’t recall where – may have been some document carriage requirements. There was a thread on it here recently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message