Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bent VOR antenna

Peter much more of this sexist talk and us girls are going to be asking for a girls section, lol.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Peter wrote:

You can also get total blind spots, if the VOR is “behind” the vertical stabiliser. This little adventure shows what can happen, or worse… You could equally get a blind spot on LOC if intercepting from just the wrong angle.

I’m installing a VOR/LOC/GS antenna on the top of the vertical stabilizer of my RV7A. It’s a RAMI AV-525 (the typical V antenna). Would you install with the points forward or backward to have best reception? Most metallic planes have it installed backward but Bonanzas have it forward apparently for better sensitivity. Probably the scientific study on this must date back to the 40’s, so I couldn’t find anything on the web so far, and the antenna manual doesn’t say.

Last Edited by at 30 Sep 10:50

Jude098 wrote:

Peter much more of this sexist talk and us girls are going to be asking for a girls section, lol.

+1.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

That post by Jude is over 3 years old

I will put this to David… sounds like a good idea!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jude098 wrote:

I want to have a say in this matter too, @Jude098

It is not sexist. It is reality. My wife won’t let me near the washing machine because she claims I ruin her clothes, although I lived on my own and washed my clothes for a few years before I met her and did not wear shrunken, faded or colour stained clothes

LFPT, LFPN

I would not even know how to operate the washing machine! Actually ours is quite funny. It has settings for various types of stains… and being German it is quite explicit in the way it describes them

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message