Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A fly-in in Jan/Feb 2015?

But LSZS is out of the picture for me living off the $ unless the exchange rate reverses.

LOIJ St Johann might be an option. The flight time from Hungary is shorter, the runway is usable most of the year, the fees are low and also the ski resort including food etc is way less expensive than in Switzerland.

There are two Ski resorts. One right south of the airport but when we went there it was closed. A second one is in Fieberunn which was a 15-20 minute cab ride away.

Before going anywhere I always check the webcams. The ski resorts on the northern border of the Alps often do not have enough snow…

Last year at LOIJ around 1 December. This year no snow there yet.

Last Edited by Sebastian_G at 20 Dec 15:17
www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Nice ride.

Thanks for the PIREP. Will have to stop in there on a nice day to check it out.

KHTO, LHTL

Any consensus on this possible fly-in, in February?

For me, I’d like Customs and avgas so I can do a direct flight from the UK.

I can’t ski but if pushed I would have a go at learning

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can’t ski but if pushed I would have a go at learning

And who flies your aeroplane home afterwards ? I’ll be in Torino next tuesday. AVGAS and Customs and close enough to some mountains. But I’m not going to go skiing because who’s going the fly the boss home afterwards…

EDDS - Stuttgart

Next time you want to go skiing in the Bavarian Alps:
From Munich to the Alps you can just aswell take my Mercedes Jeep (with Ski Rack). No problem :-)
Just let me know when you need it.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 13 Jan 11:31

Any views on Salzburg?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Salzburg. Lovely place. Good airport.

If the weather plays ball, I’m going to try to get to Innsbruck (in the Mooney) for a weeks skiing week beginning 14/15 feb. Alternate prob Augsburg then a hire car or train to get there.

Weather is a big ‘if’ though. It’ll need to be VFR really.
I’ll come out of my ski hut for a knees up is any of you find yourselves in the vicinity :)

EGNV and Fishburn Airfield

Peter,

Salzburg is fine but has parking restrictions on the weekend. Apparently no GA wanted there SA/SO.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I phoned them up and they informed me that they do have GA parking also on winter weekends (obviously less Russians this year ). However, they do advise to email or phone them well ahead to get a PPR number.

So flying there in a single a/c should be possible, but not a full-grown fly-in.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
Sign in to add your message