Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

Thanks for the clarification!

I don’t think there is any way to deal with this which is “safe”.

There is another issue with any flight tracking feature in that if you get a new squawk, the tracking is likely to just simply break, so anybody watching may think you crashed. EuroFPL does this very frequently. Justine has become used to watching me “crash” on countless flights and she is almost used to it but she still doesn’t like it because it is slightly worrying so see somebody just stop in mid air and see the time enroute go way past the maximum time they could possibly have fuel for.

Maybe just a message to say the tracking is based on data received from Eurocontrol which is not to be relied on 100% ?

Mine now shows “status=closed” which I guess is done on a timeout e.g. max possible fuel endurance plus a few hours. But a TB20 could stay up for ~12hrs if you really worked at it…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is another issue with any flight tracking feature in that if you get a new squawk, the tracking is likely to just simply break, so anybody watching may think you crashed.

I have not observed that issue. We frequently have flights where the squawk changes and I’ve never seen the tracking break.

This raises another question: we (autorouter) actually get the squawk allocation from Eurocontrol in most cases a few hours before the flight (if the sector participates in the central squawk system which eventually all will). Should we tell the user about the squawk he’s going to receive? Any value in doing that?

Mine now shows “status=closed” which I guess is done on a timeout

It’s a fixed timeout based on ETA. I agree that we could improve the presentation a bit and that’s on the to do list. For now I want to stick 100% with the facts and not mix speculation with information.

It’s true that your router seems to work despite squawk changes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

G-ZLOJ on the ground at EDNY:

N113AC at the Holding Point runway 06 EDNY:

En route from EDNY to LFLI:

Overhead Zurich:

Our route, with 10 min VFR sightseeing at the end:

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Nice meeting you all in Friedrichshafen (Peter in particular).

We were right behind Peter and Chris in line for takeoff.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

We were right behind Peter and Chris in line for takeoff.

Here you are – Sheldon took this as Peter was lining up.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

One unpleasent surprise at Aero (actually from BP) – Jet A1 price. It was €2 per liter – way too much comparing to €1 in Croatia (with all taxes) or €0.5 in Serbia (tax free for foreigners). I’m wondering how much was 100LL.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

2 €/l should be the average price of Jet A-1 in Germany. 100LL is around 2.3€/l.

No surprise that Lufthansa always refuel at LDZA or LYBE

Do airliners pay the same price or it’s a price for GA?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message