Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague LKPR handler blacklisting my company for unpaid airport tax

I’ve just got this in the post

It’s not a lot – about GBP 20 – but it will cost more in bank charges than the amount.

It also looks like it is a circular letter sent to loads of people.

But more to the point I paid everything asked at the time, and this “airport tax” did not appear after previous visits.

It shows what a minefield this game can be. Basically you can get an invoice for “whatever” at any time after landing somewhere, you can’t argue with it, and you have to pay it because if you don’t your plane will end up on a “blacklist” and could get impounded next time you go there. In my business we could never do something like this; our name would stink and anyway most customers would never pay it.

I thought it was a scam but the company Czech GH is the same one to whom I paid all the stuff in May 2015, and the IBAN is the same. Fortunately I keep all airport invoices and receipts for at least a year!

The only similar case I can think of is the German navigation charges.

EDIT: I have just worked through the mail collecting while I have been away and found another similar blacklist threat, this time for CZK 378.65, for airport parking charges, but I already paid parking day+night charges!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Prague! Peter, are you sure there isn’t someone from the ‘ancien regime’ there to get you?

Well, why don’t you simply send an eMail to that lady who signed the letter? It’s probably only a mistake …

you could post this under “Active Threats” ;)

EDLN and EDKB

Blacklisted in American English is a really dirty word. In our business community its akin, to the “N” word or in the political circles the “C” word.

A more polite way of expressing it would be you are in arrears and now overdue please make this payment otherwise further action will be taken once we get our hands on your plane.

OR

If you dont make payment we will offer you a discount for your next visit to our airport.

KHTO, LHTL

I sent in an email suggesting that blacklisting people for an admin error by the handler is not great business practice and I CCd it to every admin contact I could find for LKPR. Most of the email addresses duly bounced as invalid but not all of them.

Administrator

I got a reply just now:

Your stand has been S 52 but our computer during save data miss S and use stand 52 only. The stand 52 is on North apron and S52 is on South apron.

They say they have removed me from the blacklist (how very kind) but still want 378 CZK. I told them it will cost me more in bank charges…

It’s a terrible way to do business – threatening to “blacklist” a customer over the cost of a couple of beers in Prague.

Administrator
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message