Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Current plans of us are either to arrive in Carcasonne Thursday evening (it’s also a public holiday for us Austrians) and depart for Cannes Saturday morning or to go to Cannes first and stay in Carcasonne from Friday evening until Sunday morning.

Who’s there either on Friday or Saturday and wants to meet up? Or fly to somewhere nearby in formation? We are 2 pilots who will be granted leave from our significant others for this weekend

Last Edited by blueline at 30 Apr 14:54
LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

The current list is below. Note that I still need to hear from some people.

It looks like ~25 planes. And I think if the wx is reasonable we may get this number, because I know a lot of the people in question.

It’s going to be really great and I am looking forward to meeting everyone

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

nobbi wrote:

Thursday ( May 5th ) is Ascension Day which is a public holiday in France – so if people take a holiday on Friday they have altogether 4 days off …

Is the airport even going to be open? I Hope this holiday doesn’t screw with the vineyards I picked. Havent heard back from them yet. But then again I did email them in English.

Last episode I had in France was looking for an open restaurant on Sunday. Drove from Normandy almost to Paris before we found the only place open which was a pizza joint. So much for French cuisine in a small town. No complaints since Im the foreigner and have to adapt to local customs.

KHTO, LHTL

before we found the only place open which was a pizza joint.

exactly the same happened to me in Milan (Italy) in August – ferragosto

EDxx, Germany

From today’s perspective the weather looks quite good. Last week actual weather pretty much followed the forecasts and it looks the next week will be the same.

Last Edited by Emir at 30 Apr 15:08
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Drove from Normandy almost to Paris before we found the only place open which was a pizza joint. So much for French cuisine in a small town

That doesn’t surprise me. I recall walking around Bergerac a couple of years ago and c. 9pm almost everything was shut. Similar at Poitiers and some other places.

The airport will be open (they also know all about us) and I am sure plenty in the city will be open too because it’s a popular place.

I am going to send out PMs to those who have not read this thread recently, to get the extra info.

Regarding the grass issue (which doesn’t make me any happier than anybody else – see the post on the home page) remember the airport has six places on the tarmac too.

23 aircraft total currently.

Administrator

I imagine that coordination in Carcassonne will be difficult with so many people arriving. What about a Whatsapp or Telegram group?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

C210_Flyer, if you still have a seat available in your transport to visit some decent caves/vineyards on Saturday 7 May – I am enthusiastic! This will be a no-fly day.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

A new PDF for the briefing notes has been uploaded – here

The post on the home page references this too.

What about a Whatsapp or Telegram group?

Sounds like a good idea. In Telegram, you can apparently create a named group and just invite everybody to use it. Let me look into this. Everybody will need a fairly modern phone (android or IOS) to run the Telegram app. Windows phones can’t run it.

Administrator

Bluebeard wrote:

C210_Flyer, if you still have a seat available in your transport to visit some decent caves/vineyards on Saturday 7 May – I am enthusiastic! This will be a no-fly day.

I have a message out to the rest of our group of 5. Since we are no longer taking a guided tour costing 125 Euros apiece perhaps the 2 that declined the offer before might have a change of heart and join us. So as soon as I know i will let you know. Hopefully by Monday latest Tuesday.

Otherwise would be happy to have you join us.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message