Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris, 23-24 July 2016

I am going to plan Lognes LFPL also, and if it’s a CAVOK / FEW day then one can go there and avoid the stop for immigration (LFAT, etc). There isn’t much hard surface parking though; not enough for a fly-in with a good turnout which I think “Paris” would be.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dear all,
Apologies for taking so long to revert to you concerning the PFF (“Point de Franchissement de Frontière”, ie. Border Crossing Point as per Schengen Treaty, article 2-8).
In Carcassonne last April, Peter, representing the British party, challenged the French party in obtaining a workable PFF on an IFR airfield near Paris for the fly-in of 23-24 July 2016.
French party accepted the challenge and…here I am.
With the airfield operator, which is extremely motivated and supportive, we’re working on a possible solution at Melun-Villaroche (LFPM). This airfield is located 45km South-East of Paris, 40mn by train from Paris (station is 9km away from airfield). It has an ILS.

In order to finalize the request we need to fix the time slot (one slot is preferable) for the arrivals of all non-Schengen flights attending the fly-in, and give all required information on the planes, crew and passengers.

For the slot, I propose Friday, July 22nd, 2016, between 1500Z and 2000Z (1700 to 2300 local time). Please comment.

For each flight, following information needs to be sent to me by private message:

• Aircraft registration and type
  • Airport of departure
  • Pilot and crew personal information: First name, Last name, Place and date of birth, Nationality, Passport number, place and date of issue, Passport validity name.

If/when we obtain this exceptional PFF permission, we’ll be able to organize logistics : nearby hotel for those interested, visit of SAFRAN company private museum on the field (very interesting), rental cars and transport.

We need to provide this information on Friday, June 10th (this Friday), so your quick response will be appreciated.
Of course it’s not a problem if you provide information and don’t show up in the end.

Last Edited by Nestor at 07 Jun 14:24
LFLY, France

Excellent work, Nestor! I will email you my details.

Administrator

I Just checked now, a two way ticket from Liège to Paris by Thalys is 53€, 2h13 ride. Where do we meet ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Nestor,

AFAIK, Melun is one of those places which lost their ILS recently. No ILS plate in the Jepp…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscoromantico, you’re very right.
They provide LPV.

LFLY, France

Where do we meet ?

@Jean, it will depend on whether or not we obtain the special permission for non-Schengen flights to land in Melun LFPM.
If we obtain it, the municipality and airport operator will help us find a nice and affordable hotel not far from this airport and from the train station.
If not, we could find a place to meet/dine either in Paris center, for instance the Aéroclub de France, the oldest air club in the world, or a place near the airport where most EuroGA pilots would land.
We still have time.

Dear all,
In any case, we need as many non-Schengen EuroGA flights as possible, in order to justify the special permission in Melun LFPM.
Even if you’re not sure to come, we need every pilot to send me by PM the info required in my post above.

Last Edited by Nestor at 07 Jun 20:35
LFLY, France

Nestor wrote:

For the slot, I propose Friday, July 22nd, 2016, between 1500Z and 2000Z (1700 to 2300 local time). Please comment.

1500Z could be little bit late in case of convective weather or extreme heat. Usually during summer I prefer to fly in the morning – it’s cooler and there are lower chances for build-ups.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hello everyone,
Here is updated information concerning the proposed fly-in in Paris on July 22-24, 2016.

1) Airport: Melun-Villaroche/LFPM
Airfield is located 45km South-East of Paris, 40mn by train from Paris (station is 9km away).
It provides a GPS approach.
Parking on concrete parking area guaranteed.
Taxes:
landing fee below 2t=14€, 2-6t=25€
parking fee=0.50€/ton/hour
For those of you flying directly from UK, Croatia or any other non-Schengen country, we have very good good hopes of activating a special Schengen border crossing point for the event on Friday, July 22nd, 2016 between 1000Z and 1500Z (12noon to 5pm local time).
Further to my initial post above, I received only 4 requests (counting Peter).
As we need to provide the list of airplanes and crew in our request for a special Schengen border crossing point in LFPM for our event, *could everyone considering flying from outside Schengen area send me via PM his information before 12noon on Monday, June 13th ?
For those flying from within Schengen area, please let me know if you plan to attend, and how many will be in your party.
We need this information to inform the airport management and organise the rest of the program.

2) Hotel
We will find a selection of hotels around Melun-Villaroche or on the train line between there and Paris. Melun city municipality is helping us for that.

3) Visits
We could organize following visits:
- SAFRAN air and space museum, on LFPM field (link)
- National air and space museum in Le Bourget (link)
- Lunch or diner at Aeroclub de France, world’s oldes air club (link)
And I’m quite sure evreyone could find more things to do on its own or in groups in Paris and its region .

Your comments are welcome !

LFLY, France

There is an email going out tonight about this, to everyone who has logged in within the past year or so. It contains the above.

If you don’t receive it, check your spambox and/or whitelist the sending domain euroga.org.

Update: possibly every single email sent to @free.fr or @club-internet.fr has been bounced as spam

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host mx1.free.fr [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 spam detected

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host mx.club-internet.fr [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Message content rejected

so some French pilots may have more specific issues.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message