Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Telegram link to join the dedicated Telegram group for this fly-in – here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The AOPA discount does exist. With that discount, fees were 55 Euros (landing, one night parking, one pax). Not cheap, but OK.

Poor sods those that (for whatwever reason) are not AOPA members. The fees will be just under 100€ for those.

Anyway, the airport is badly mismanaged. They have cut one person in the tower (the AFISO) so that the airport is nowadays mostly VFR-only and – at least from an ATS perspective – a deserted airfield. Still, they have way too much personell at the airport. Refuelling is 4 people. Handling is a “team” of two ladies; nobody knows why. Plus duty free, plus police, plus security, etc.

For the rest, it was good as always. Quick service and a decently priced shuttle service to places like Bol, Supetar, etc. Avgas is currently on par with Portoroz, at 1,80€.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Poor sods those that (for whatwever reason) are not AOPA members. The fees will be just under 100€ for those.

Not so for our fly-in.

See previous posts.

BTW ATC saving is more than 1 person. Assistants too.

Administrator

I just learned about a new hotel run by an Austrian that will open in Sutivan this summer:Link

Perhaps they still offer opening discounts in September .

They also have some tips for local excursions on their homepage, BTW.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Sutivan is down the road from Supetar (where I think most people will be) but probably not ideal unless you get a car.

Administrator

blueline wrote:

Perhaps they still offer opening discounts in September

Looks great. I love to be pampered. I could not tell what their prices are and discounts for our arrival time period. Any clues? I will call them tomorrow during Business hours.

KHTO, LHTL

I could not tell what their prices are and discounts for our arrival time period. Any clues?

They have prices on their homepage.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

boscomantico wrote:

They have cut one person in the tower (the AFISO) so that the airport is nowadays mostly VFR-only and – at least from an ATS perspective – a deserted airfield.

AFAIK tower personel are appointed by Crocontrol so technically they are not airport employees.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I just returned from a 4 days trip to Brac. It is a lovely place and very good airport to land. ATC was fully operational (cannot tell whether they reduced personnel in the tower). I arrived and departed IFR and had no problem with ATC at the airport.
Pre-ordered rent car (new car) was delivered on time and collected at the airport. Every one friendly and supportive.
Just sad that there is so little traffic. At arrival there were just 2 other aircraft parked and only one when I departed.
I look forward to my nex visit to Brac

LSZC

Hallo
I’m new at euroga
I have been in Brac last year
I like to join
I can kontakt a hollyday flat manager there
Cu
Frank

Sign in to add your message