Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain October/November 2016 (Burgos LEBG)

Peter wrote:

The 29/30 Oct is also a UK holiday on the 31st (Monday) which may be useful to some as it is a longer weekend.

Really? I never recall that holiday?
https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

I’m going to check on the plane and see if I can find some company. I’d likely do weekend only though.

Whoops, sorry – it is a bank holiday in Ireland

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The 29/30 Oct is also a UK holiday on the 31st (Monday)

It’s Halloween, but it’s not a public holiday, at least not in my diary

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

If you go around the area, I can recomend (mostly around san sebastian)

Fish: Elkano – some of the best fish you can have anywhere. Pricey for spain but not when you come from England (Lavish meal cost ~100 euros / person). They pride themselves in not having any sauce / sides for the fish as they just want you to appreciate.

Tapas: La Cuchara de San Telmo (central san sebastian). Went there twice in last trip, both for seated meal (bigger portions, the seared foie gras especially is ridiculous (good and large)). Need to get there at open to get a table though. They do Pintxos inside, same sort of stuff as outside, and (I find) so much better than all the other places around it.

I’m up for this if it’s the later November dates…

EGSX North Weald, United Kingdom

I think fairly obviously we will go for the first flyable date, taking into account who is actually going to participate. However there is no point in going to a scenic location like this unless the wx there is sunny.

Administrator

I was there on bank holiday weekend, weather was actually quite bad but I couldn’t have cared less! Food was so good it was well worth it!

San Sebastian is a possibility for me from Saucats. Can’t do weekend of 31 October though.

If anyone fancies dropping in on the way down, please feel free to PM me.

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

This fly-in is going to Burgos LEBG.

BTW, San Sebastian involves some process for non schengen traffic. Multiple threads here (example) and it appears that you have to pay for it. Jason paid €200.

Administrator

Oops, that’ll teach me to read the whole thread!

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)
Sign in to add your message