Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in - Mazurian Lakeland (Poland) 8-11 June 2017

Looks like Bremen and Gdansk make sensible stops if arriving from the West. Weekend of 3/4 June? 10 June am out of pocket, although day VFR means will try and make it if weather co operates.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Robert, it is possible that we choose 3/4 June as one of the option. Note, that we are planning at least 3 days (of course not mandatory;), since one day will be dedicated for air-ground sight seeing, and one whole day will be dedicated for the competition and fun. Definitely “championship evening” will be Saturday. Thanks for suggestion! Tomasz

EPBC

Three days sounds good, probably take me three days to fly back.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

POLAND KIKITY (EPKI) FLY-IN 8-11 JUNE 2017 – UPDATE

(alternative date is 22-25 June, if WX is not friendly)

ITINERARY

THURSDAY

12:00-20:00 – arrivals, welcome coffee, open restaurant
19:00 – welcome drink, dinner

FRIDAY

all day arrivals
8:00 – 10:00 – breakfast
10.15 – 19.00 – flying to Kętrzyn (EPKE) Wolf’s Lair excursion (EN guide) or Giżycko (EPGM) on Lakeland Ship Race
20:00 – briefing on Saturday’s competitions (teams attendance sign off and rules explanation)
21:00 – dinner and entertainment

SATURDAY

8:00 – 10:00 – breakfast
10:15 – briefing before precision flying competition
10:30 – 13:00 – Precision Flying Competition
13:00 – 15:00 – briefing before landing competition
15:30 – 18:00 – Landing Competition
20:00 – KIKITY PARTY AND CELEBRATION OF THE COMPETITION WINNERS

SUNDAY

8:00-11:00 breakfast
…and then leaving home

PRICING:

accommodation at the airfield (Hotel Kikity) – 40 EUR/night/person
lunch at Kikity airfield (Saturday) – 10 EUR/person
dinner (Thursday, Friday) – 15 EUR/person (alcohol extra paid)
KIKITY PARTY (Saturday) – 50 EUR/person (ALL INCLUSIVE, special local food; fireplace; dancing; singing, etc.)
Precision Flying Competition – 10 EUR per a/c (maps and pictures cost)
Landing Competition – 10 EUR per pilot (equipment cost)
landing and parking – free (for all)
hangar – 10 EUR per night
bikes, billard, ping-pong, wi-fi, sauna, fireplace – free
your own tent – free

HOTEL KIKITY

At the airfield’s Hotel we got 10 rooms (2,3 and 4 people) with a total capacity of 29. If you are interested in spending your time directly at the airfield we would like you give us a notice. We are not expecting the deposits, however, if you would expect your reservation being guaranteed, you will be asked for an advance payment at least two weeks before the event. If the event will be canceled (WX), you will be reimbursed the whole amount. If there will be a demand for more beds, we will arrange for more in the nearest neighborhood.

LANDING ON GRASS

The strip in Kikity is in a very good condition (850m), even for retractable gear planes, Cirrus and even turbo like Meridian or twin, like Seneca. But, for the safety reasons, if you do not feel comfortable with such a strip and prefer to land on a long asphalt, please use Mazury Airfield (EPSY), with ILS and PAPI. We can arrange a transport, by air (C172 and/or Socata) or on wheels.

Please note, that before the event, I will send you the detailed technical information how to land on this strip safely, together with the video presentation, etc. We will also assist you (in Language) on the radio.

FUEL

While fuel planning please take into consideration that we will have a reserve of Avgas (400L) and Pb95. Fuel is available, depending on your route, at Mazury (EPSY), Gdansk (EPGD), Warsaw (EPBC) and many other places. Will update you on pricing and availability closer to the event.

COMMUNICATION

To keep you updated, we set up a special email: [email protected] . In addition, I’ve created Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAAvobzxN5CHU73jeyw . That will also be a facebook event, that you will be notified.

If you would be interested in our Fly-In, to facilitate the planning and flow of the information, please send us an email, whenever you want, with more or the less the following format:

YOUR NAME AND PLANE REG. (IF AVAILABLE)/HOW MANY PEOPLE

WHEN YOU WANT TO ARRIVE?

ACCOMMODATION AT KIKITY HOTEL: YES/NO (YOUR OWN TENT? YES/NO)

HOW MANY NIGHTS/ROOMS/PERSONS: WHICH ROOM/HOW MANY PERSONS

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ANY EXCURSION (WOLF’S LIAR/GIZYCKO BOAT EXCURSION): YES/NO

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PRECISION FLYING COMPETITION: YES/NO

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LANDING COMPETITION: YES/NO

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THE KIKITY PARTY: YES/NO

SPECIALS

There is a chance, that one of our guest will be Boeing Stearman (no explanation required). Please let us know if you would be interested in flying a historical bi-plane with open cockpit. We will arrange it for you.

All the best, Tomasz

Last Edited by Thomas73 at 30 Jan 22:38
EPBC

Thanks, Tomasz, however it is of little use to me, who do not participate in FB and the like. It would be nice if a proper website could be set up for the event.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Thanks, Tomasz, however it is of little use to me, who do not participate in FB and the like. It would be nice if a proper website could be set up for the event.
You don’t need to log in to FB to access the information, so what difference would a dedicated website make?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I must admit it is a matter of taste/feeling/appreciation; and indeed I could see all the information. I could not, however, register my “interest” neither my firm “participation”.
The “little use” is a bit out of place, yes. Then again, all the information is already in this thread, too… so “little added value” would be better to state.

Last Edited by at 05 Feb 12:24
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Thank you Jan. There will be no special web page for the event. All the best, Tomasz

EPBC

Stop being such a moaner, Jan.

If someone posted a URL which needs $50 to read it, that would be something else and we have already had a couple of toy throwing out of the pram events over that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message