Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 2017

I stayed in the Tent City during last two Aero Friedrichshafen events and really cannot complain about it. Yes, it is basic service nad there are some inconveniences but I slept well enough to be fresh for flying home the next day. I like camping outdoors the same way as Dublinpilot but this “camping” is warm and has got decent showers, which is something you do not get outside very often so the Tent City has some advantages, including good shower, morning coffee without need to melt snow on gas burner, electricity to charge your Ipad or smartphone and warm climate. Will stay in Tent City again.

LKHK, Czech Republic

I can offer seats, single or return, from Biggin Hill, going out on the Tuesday, returning Saturday morning.

EGKB Biggin Hill

There is a new policy by Aero Friedrichshafen. The slots will be charged 35EUR, mandatory for all aircraft coming into EDNY both IFR and VFR. The 35EUR will be used to cover landing charges, parking charges and shuttle bus. I think this is good as the slots will be booked only by those who really intend to fly…

LKHK, Czech Republic

Pytlak wrote:

There is a new policy by Aero Friedrichshafen. The slots will be charged 35EUR, mandatory for all aircraft coming into EDNY both IFR and VFR. The 35EUR will be used to cover landing charges, parking charges and shuttle bus. I think this is good as the slots will be booked only by those who really intend to fly…

To be clear, you will get the handling “package” discounted by the slot charge amount, so if you actually use the slot it won’t have cost you anything. I agree this is a very good move.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Anybody know if they only charge for inbound slots or also for IFR outbound?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

Anybody know if they only charge for inbound slots or also for IFR outbound?

If I recall correctly from when I booked slots in 2015 you book the in- and outbound slots at the same time so it should be a single charge.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’ll keep an eye on this thread, to see what plans are.

I plan to drive down from Stuttgart, and will probably stay over a night… but it all depends on when “Junior” decides it’s time to be born, I might be heading in the other direction with the Mrs, to the maternity ward…

EDHS, Germany

Italianjon,

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen is important. I would say very important. However, a new pilot is even more important. Stay as close as you can, don’t take any risks. Worst case, you miss when your own brand new pilot is being born…

Best of luck! :-)

Last Edited by AndersB at 14 Mar 08:16
ESOW, Sweden

Timothy wrote:

I can offer seats, single or return, from Biggin Hill, going out on the Tuesday, returning Saturday morning.

Bump. I still have availability.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Just a reminder. Slot reservation starts today at 9. https://aero-ppr.bodensee-airport.eu

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message