Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

1960 Cessna 210

A snapshot of the advert discussed (these ads vanish pretty fast)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Do you have a digital copy of the book?

Yes – shoot me a pm with your email address. I fly (don’t own) a 210K – and I’ve parted one out so everything from a rotary actuator to a whiffletree assembly I’ve seen it and had a chance to look at how they are made.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

My first wet aircraft ownership dream was a P210 Centurion. Always liked them.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 08 Feb 04:52

Have flown an early specimen. According to the mechanics the gear is a nightmare to maintain, has about as many doors as a B747! I would go for one of the alter, strutless, models.

172driver wrote:

According to the mechanics the gear is a nightmare to maintain, has about as many doors as a B747! I would go for one of the alter, strutless, models

Wasn’t there an STC to remove the gear doors?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@mh I know the owner and the story about this plane. I don´t think you get more bang for this money! The avionik is more worth than the price tag says! It is cheaper than a lots of 172 and much fast! Get in touch when you need more information.

EDAZ

It does seem a good ol’ timer, with a newish engine and recent prop, assuming it’s not been a ramp mummy somewhere. A similar Comanche 250 might be €10k cheaper but without the above average avionics fit.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Looks like she’s back on the market.

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=56639
planecheck_D_REG_56639_pdf

Quite a lovely avionic set up and a capable plane I suppose.

If I was in the market…

[ PDF inserted ]

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The first iterations of the C210 are essentially stretched C182s with a super complicated (read: failure prone) gear system. I have flown these things and would not buy one.

a lovely avionic set up

Well, it might only be me… but I’d rather rate this as antiquated, as most old certified dinos are…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message