Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2018 fly-in - Cambridge EGSC 12-13 May 2018

& Merida even has its own packed earth UL field.
10 – 28
And 34 – 16

Actually looks interesting as a destination!

Tököl LHTL

1324NM GC. I need to find a faster ride than the usual PA-28.

ESMK, Sweden

@Arne, you should go with your Dynamic. A lot less cost per mile. :)

ESSZ, Sweden

For me it’s 8+ hours of flying but it’s ok with one stop somewhere in France.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It is a 6hr flight for me too. I haven’t even checked the costs there. It might be another Menorca situation…

It was just one suggestion which ticks the usual requirements to get a good turnout. We need more suggestions – places where a reasonable number of people would actually fly to

We have so far done, since 2013

France:
La Rochelle, Paris. Colmar, Avignon, Carcassonne, Calvi, Caen, Le Touquet (multiple)

Italy:
Elba, Lucca (0 turnout)

Germany:
Cologne, Dresden, Friedrichshafen (multiple)

Croatia:
Mali Losinj, Brac

Slovenia:
Portoroz/Piran

Czech Republic:
Prague

Spain:
Pamplona, Burgos, Menorca

Greece:
Astypalea

Sweden:
Malmo

Denmark:
Copenhagen

UK:
Lots of small ones e.g. Alderney, Jersey, Scilly Isles

(I probably forgot some)

A fly-in to San Nicolo / Venice was cancelled (moved to Piran just over the water) when it was discovered the film festival was on at the same time.

Edited to make destination list clearer.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Probably a lame suggestion but what about somewhere in southwest Germany? The Rhine valley has typically very good weather. I’m not familiar with the airports there, but there are several with good facilities such as Karlsruhe. That is also a nice city to visit (I studied there for three semesters), though it is admittedly nothing spectacular. EuroGA contributors such as what_next or edds_Peter probably know best about which airfields and places in the general area are worth visiting.

Of course the weather and scenery is more or less the same on the French side of the Rhine, Straßburg etc., so that should work just as well weather-wise. The advantage of the Rhine Valley over more southerly destinations is the shorter traveling time for Brits, Scandinavians many others, making more participants likely. The disadvantage would probably be that it will be a familiar area for many on here.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Maybe consider Freiburg EDTF. Nice location ans scenery. I could make it there as a daytrip.

EDLE

europaxs wrote:

Maybe consider Freiburg EDTF. Nice location ans scenery. I could make it there as a daytrip

Yes good idea. What kind of airfield is EDTF?

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

@MedEwok EDTF is a VFR airfield with paved runway and night vfr is possible. Customs/immigration is possible with prior notice. Avgas is available. Nice place, close to the city and in my opinion the best choice in the region you have mentioned.
EDSB is fully ifr with everything you need and reasonable fees, but not very close to Karlsruhe or Baden-Baden. It would be my second choice.
And that’s it. Bremgarten EDTG is to far away from a nice village. Beside that, the field itself is nice and the guys there are very friendly

EDDS , Germany
Sign in to add your message