Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

70 Years LKRK Aeroclub (airshow)

The small Aeroclub of LKRK (Rakovnik, CZ) celebrates its 70th birthday on JUNE 10 2016 with an Airshow. It is expected I heard that around 4-6.000 people will and there will several flight shows covering the whole history of aviation in Rakovnik. Even the army will take part with paratroopers, fighter jets (they said).

Since I’m a loose member of the club (i used the airfield to get to my company 2 km from the field) and sinc my company is a sponsor of the party, I thought it might be fun for the more adventurous among you to fly there. It will probably be possible to camp on the airfield, there’s also some simple rooms in the airport building. Two to three people could sleep in my house 2 km from the airfield, if they want. First come first serve ;-)

If somebody wants to go to Prague (50 km), like the next day, I can give them a car from the company. (I might have two or three available, but have to check).

The airfield is really very basic and old, but I guess there will be some nice old airplanes and good aerobatics. There will also be a professional english speaking ATC guy on the radio. There’s two parallel grass runways which are “ok”. Not perfect but good enough for any SEP, and I’ve been there with a Seneca too. I use the shorter runway but better one with the Cirrus. The other one is 900 m. Check it out on Google Earth.

If anybody is interested, let me know. If the weather is flyable VFR I’ll be there FRI June 10 to SUN JUNE 12. If the weather is very bad, I’ll stay home in Munich.

That is a fine offer, many thanks! I might well act upon it – I can see nothing exceptionally adventurous about this trip, for me and for the plane I fly. Camping at the field would be ok with me but a bit of comfort/luxury is of course welcome, to these old bones. No need to get me to Praha, though.

Would the airfield really accept visitors on such a busy weekend? Quite impressive!

Last Edited by at 22 Jan 18:19
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Come anytime, no problem, i’ll take care of that. You are the first one, so you have a nice room, breakfast included :-)

I would subscribe myself +1 for your generous offer of room and car, if there is still availability. It would be a nice first EU trip with my (then own) Zlin 142.

Last Edited by JnsV at 22 Jan 19:59
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Hehe, that plane will be a welcome guest there, I should reckon!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

@JnsV

no problem. Now i have enough motivation to buy the beds for the two (still empty) guest rooms in my house there :-) You might have to bring sleeping bags though!

The next applicant has to sleep on the Sofa, but in front of a nice fireplace ;-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 22 Jan 20:34

By the way:

I think a Friday June 10 arrival would be preferable! Less traffic, more time … ?

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 22 Jan 20:42

Highly tempting and intriguing. I need to get a hold of that Arrow I used to fly, and if I can, count me in!

HighFly
EDDM

@HighFly

1. in line for Sofa or Sleeping Bag (we’ll have to organize that later when I know how many want to come)

When the date gets closer we’ll make a list and a plan!

Flyer59 wrote:

in line for Sofa or Sleeping Bag (we’ll have to organize that later when I know how many want to come)

Sleeping bag ON the sofa!

HighFly
EDDM
73 Posts
Sign in to add your message