Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

8.33/Mode S Deadline

Hi All,

As some of you know I just recently got back in the air after swapping registrations. The process was a long, and at times demotivating, experience. Anyway, done now and I am flying again.

Until the last 24 hours I was convinced that the deadline for 8.33/Mode S installation was 01.01.2017; but I have read in a few places this is actually 01.01.2018.

I have purchased the new radio/transponder and am currently building the new panel with it, but it won’t be ready until February at the earliest I think… (family visits over Christmas and then limited to weekends in the workshop for January).

My aircraft is on the Dutch register and based in Germany, and from what I have been able to find in Google, it has confused me even more. So I am hoping someone can help me understand it.

It’s a bit frustrating that I get a few weeks in the air and then I am grounded again, but, hey sometimes, that’s the way the cookie crumbles :)

Cheers

Jon

Edited… Has anyone else noticed that B07-08 has been removed from the Dutch AIP. This was the cirular stating ELTs were required to cross the border. Has this been lifted now?

Last Edited by italianjon at 06 Dec 21:51
EDHS, Germany

I expect the deadline will move back a little when the authorities find that the industry can’t cope with the demand from those who have left the change to the last moment but I have seen nothing official at the moment.

AIC-B 07/08 has been replaced by AIC B 04/2016 which is more strict then the old one.

AIC-A 06/2013 is on 8,33 kHz below 8,33 kHz. Final deadline is 01-01-2018

For mode S, this is an airspace requirement, in Amsterdam FIR above 1200 Ft you should have a mode S transponder. So you should follow airspace requirements here.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Jason/Jesse,

Thanks for pointing those links out. That helped. Last night I was going crazy filtering through drivel from “arm chair experts”, trying to find authorised sources. To be fair on me it was late and I was tired :)

I know about the mode S restrictions, which is why I am trying to upgrade the panel. I’m just well behind where I wanted to be.

At least I am good to fly in January. I don’t need to sit on the ground in the new year.

Best

Jon

EDHS, Germany

BTW the general 8.33 thread is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message