Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

9-10 September 2017 fly-in - Astypalea LGPL Greece

On most of our fly-ins, the “main thing” is on Saturday/Sunday, with a group dinner on Saturday evening.

On this one, with a load of people coming quite a long way, we will probably meet up over the whole weekend.

My plan will be to depart for the UK around 11/12 Sep.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have this email from Goldair handling at Samos LGSM, for anyone going via there and not on the telegram group:

About 240 euros total. Most people are likely to fly via Athens LGAV which is cheaper. But flying in via LGSM leaves one with more fuel in the tanks at LGPL, which may or may not be relevant.

Administrator

Just an update on Greece. One gets the PPR from the handler. The slot comes from the handler too but they have to get it from Fraport – despite the notam giving the Fraport direct contact (which is useless). A point worth noting if there are difficulties getting the slot, one can file VFR from the IAF an that avoids the issue. Also, filing VFR all the way in Greek airspace avoids the risk of a CTOT slot, and you don’t fly any different route AFAICT.

My plan is to depart Tuesday for Brac LDSB (which is usefully open till 2100 UTC on Tuesdays, for some commercial flights), Wednesday to Samos LGSM and Thursday to LGPL. A night at these two places is worth doing anyway Astepalea’s timetable is such that except on Monday Friday or Sunday one has to spend a night at the Greek port of entry airport, unless one is departing nearby, or gets going really early in the morning from some H24 place.

ASTYPALAIA AERODROME OPR HRS:
FROM 30/05/2017 TILL 28/10/2017
MON 0730-1000 1300-1600
TUE THU 0300-0600
WED 0730-1000
FRI SUN 1100-1400
SAT 0300-1000

Administrator

Peter wrote:

and Thursday to LGPL

How will you manage this if LGPL is only open 0300-0600 other than setting off at 0500 latest?
Or is that the plan?

Have a good trip, sounds good.

Yes that is the plan – Samos is only 80 miles up the road and opens 0300-1900 UTC. Note that Greece is UTC+3 in the summer.

I think the others are mostly coming via Athens LGAV. I know one other is coming via Samos.

Thanks

Administrator

I am off today to join Justine who is already there

Administrator

Don’t eat all the fish, we are on our way, estimating 8 SEP

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

WOW!! That’s gonna be an impressive turnout.

Administrator

8th September he means, not 8 Single Engine Prop’s

LGMG Megara, Greece
Administrator
Sign in to add your message