Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

91UL / UL91 / 96UL / UL96 / UL98 etc (merged thread)

Hmmm that’s very interesting… I would be inclined to do one service interval with 100LL and see what that does.

These oil analysis values don’t have much of a bearing on engine life (they are within the normal band) so it is ok to experiment a bit.

As I wrote in the camguard thread I found it halves the wear rate of the soft metals and its inventor, Ed Kollin, told me that is a normal result. But if you put in CG right away you will void the experiment

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Though the Lycoming bulletin lists the engine as approved, I am concerned with:
Ultranomad wrote:

Strictly speaking, approval is aircraft type-specific (not engine-specific),

And the C-Stan does say this also, so Ive tried to search for some kind of list of approved types on the EASA website, and looked here (though my little basic question is now 32 pages after the merger – not helpfull!!), both without luck.

Can anyone help with a link…?#

Regards. SD..

skydriller wrote:

And the C-Stan does say this also, so Ive tried to search for some kind of list of approved types on the EASA website, and looked here (though my little basic question is now 32 pages after the merger – not helpfull!!), both without luck.
Can anyone help with a link…?#

Providing an aircraft approval is the very purpose of the standard change, so there is no point in looking for approvals in other places…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Right, I see what you are saying…its just when I read the actual change document it appeared at first read to mean not only did the engine manufacturer need to approve the fuel, but the aeroplane type needed approval. I now see that is means EACH installation of an approved engine needs approval…which the document allows by pretty much having a notation in the POH & a sticker..

Note to self: read all such EASA documents carefully & then re-read, preferably later…

Regards, SD..

skydriller wrote:

I have noticed that the further north in Europe you go, the more prevalent UL91 appears to be – in fact there are some small aerodromes that dont sell 100LL, just 91LL.

Really? That would be great for my future adventures in northen Europe with a Rotax-machine, but if I check SkyDemon, I see lots of 100LL in Norway and Sweden, but poorly Mogas or 91UL. Is there any reliable map where I can find airfields with 91UL up in the north? I just can put 100LL in a Rotax 914, but 91UL would be a lot better, because it’s unleaded.
Last Edited by Frans at 12 Jul 15:36
Switzerland

There is a map for sweden – http://www.hjelmco.com/pages.asp?r_id=13432
For Finland – Kanar sells Mogas , https://www.kanair.fi/category/10/polttoaineet in at least Malmi, Räyskälä ,and Jämijärvi.
Lithuania has lots of places with MOGAS.

EETU, Estonia

ivark wrote:

There is a map for sweden
And that’s only the Hjelmco locations, AirBP is also selling 91UL in Scandinavia.
ESMK, Sweden

Thank you @ivark and @Arne – that helps a lot for future fuel planning in the north! Does someone also have UL91/Mogas maps for Norway?

Switzerland

Anyone know of decent Mogas/ul91 or other unleaded fuel maps for Europe? Recently went on a trip to Spain and had to use lots of 100LL, which I prefer to avoid.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Frans wrote:

Does someone also have UL91/Mogas maps for Norway?

A bit late, but mogas is nowhere and everywhere. You have to make a phone call or two up front preferably. UL91 is only at Kjeller and Starmoen AFAIK and 100LL at larger fields and here and there. A map would be nice, but none exist as of today.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message