Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A combined terrain + airspace warning solution, yoke mountable? (and Aera 660)

The other side of this “innovation” is that it drives a lot of people up the wall trying to chase down obscure bugs. You have a lot easier life being slightly behind the curve

IMHO the ethics are dubious.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Apropos innovation. Chromebooks are now outselling Macs in the US. Next month all of Google Play (for Android) will be available for Chromebooks running Chrome OS. In theory this means SD, EasyVFR and so on will be available as a native app for Chromebooks. THAT is innovation

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Neil did you install one on the SC, how does it look?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I installed my 795 in my panel and keep the 660 in my flight bag for when I’m instructing.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Neil did you install one on the SC, how does it look?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

That’s impressive-which GPS source did you use? GDL39? Or the 430?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

That’s impressive-which GPS source did you use? GDL39? Or the 430?

GNS430W

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Following on from here which didn’t produce any leads, is there any other product which might do it?

Allegedly, Skydemon has both, according to these screenshots

The Q is whether all this stuff comes out on the 3.5mm jack, and whether the app runs (and can be made to auto start) on a smartphone, landscape, without config steps after each power-up. A tablet is too big.

Despite a huge UK readership here, nobody mentioned this option on the other thread; presumably for a reason.

I have come across loads of apps which make sounds on the speaker but nothing comes out of the headset socket.

Administrator

Any Garmin portable devices can do it. My 695 has terrain and airspace warning and your 495 should as well.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Negative – see the details of the G496 thread. It “does it” but only TAWS comes out of the audio output. The airspace warnings merely beep; barely audibly over the ambient noise. And even if they did come out properly, the short beep could be missed because in flight there are so many beeps… What is needed is TERRAIN TERRAIN (which the 496 does do) or AIRSPACE AIRSPACE

Also the 695 is huge for yoke mounting.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message