Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A day trip to the jewel of the North West

Great photos in great weather. There’s nothing quite like the view out under a fabric covered wing, with the same air pressure that’s holding you up gently bowing the fabric between ribs Makes you feel at one with the air, like a bird.

With the exception of staying in some nice hotels I’ve been outdoors in Europe for the last several days and have been pleased with the beautiful weather for this trip. From Germany as far south as Nice, lots of time in the Alps, and now back across the Italian border to Austria. It’s sure nice when the sky is blue, as shown in the photos.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 09 Jun 12:53

Beautiful Auster, please keep the reports coming.

There is a hangar full of some interesting 50’s/60’s aircraft at Blackpool, including a very nice early Cessna 185. I noticed the Cessna 205 (an early fixed gear version of the 210) may have been sold for para drop duties in Hungary.

I think they are all technically for sale.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I may be able to do Friday+Saturday, or Sunday+Monday.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m at the PFMS flyin in Germany that weekend. Looks like you’ll be on your own unless anyone else is around. I’m sure you could find something to do in Blackpool!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Oh poop. Another time then…

LFPT, LFPN

Sounds good.

Normally I can do weekdays only but will be able to do a weekend fly-in on 20/21 June.

Administrator

Perhaps we could have an impromptu EuroGA flyin

My thought exactly

LFPT, LFPN

Thanks for the great report. I have never been there and will pop up there soon, on a nice summer day.

If you’re doing it on a weekend, let me know. I might try fly over and meet up.

Perhaps we could have an impromptu EuroGA flyin

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Nicely written, thanks for taking the time to post it.

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks for the great report. I have never been there and will pop up there soon, on a nice summer day.

Administrator
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message