Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A December trip to Southern France and Northern Italy

Servus Thomas!

Sure, I have been to Campo Jonathan. A really nice and special airfield.

I didn’t have time to sample Le Calandrine though, because I was short of time. Don’t remember why; probably already had a lunch appointment somewhere else. As you know… too many choices in the North of Italy…

By the way, for those who might be searching for more info, the official name of the airfield is “Grave di Papadopoli”. For some reason, it is not listed in the Avioportolano (and thus neither in Skydemon).

Nervesa della Battaglia is even more beautiful as an airfield IMHO.

On a more general note, the entire province of Treviso is just beautiful IMHO. A place I can immagine for my retirement (still many, many years to go…).

Jan, Grave di Papadopoli is an aviosuperficie. Here is the official ENAC data sheet.

Rwy20, all “aviosuperfici” and “campi di volo” are private airfields and as such – by definition – PPR. But as Snowbird mentioned, many airfield operators don’t bother and you can just drop in anytime. If in doubt, always make an advance telephone call. After all, there are no NOTAMs etc. for these unlicensed airfields, hence it makes sense to verify runway condition etc. before setting off.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Jan 20:15
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Just read this. Good stuff! Thanks for the write-up and photos.

EHTE, Netherlands
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message