Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A quick radio check at Shoreham

I wonder if anyone here who has an IFR4000 or similar box is able to pop down to Shoreham EGKA this week?

It is for a quick ILS check, and since I have an EHSI I need a box which can generate the LOC and the GS concurrently, unlike the simple test boxes which do only one or the other. I also need to check the level at which it flags, so it needs an attenuator.

I would pay say £100 for it.

My usual freelance contact with an IFR4000 is basically nonresponsive and has been for weeks.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If no one can help you, you should perhaps ask SIBA at Dinan airfield (LFEB) right to Dinard LFRD, not so far from Shoreham.

They did a good job with my broken DME, and seem to be well equipped for GA avionics.

Of course you’ll need to pass thru LFRD.

I actually need someone to do it in the hangar. I know a number of people with the IFR4000 but the likely charge would be about £500 for driving down from where they are.

There are much cheaper ways to do it if you don’t need concurrent LOC+GS generation. I have a Marconi 2024 signal generator right here which with an external gadget can do LOC or GS, and I could buy another one (they are about 1k, used) for a fraction of the cost of an IFR4000 and have the concurrent generation (full ILS). This 2032 with option 6 can do it all internally (again just one channel).

I have a Plan B which is to fly somewhere. But as always the best thing is to have your own kit.

Administrator

I got it done today

Administrator
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message