Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A solution for "Non EU Operator" in EASA FCL?

here

The have some sort of management company in Morocco, which issues you with appropriate documents.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
It was urgent to do something in order to continue to fly in Europe with FAA licenses !
We did it.

German law has a notion where a construction solely aimed at circumventing a law/regulation is considered abusive and void. This approach bears considerable risk. EASA wants us to have EASA licenses…

The UK too (tax law) but in any civilised country you should have a principle that if the law is ambiguous (which the “operator” stuff in EASA FCL definitely is – I mean what the hell is “residence”?) then the ambiguity is construed in favour of the defendant.

That has to be that way, otherwise you could write any crap law and just convict everybody in the country with it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve looked at the web site and can’t say I’m convinced!

In order to get any meaningful information (like the price ) you have to register and give them a huge amount of personal information. They might need that if you really want to go ahead, but not to tell you what it costs.

Also they seem not to be up to date on the latest conversion rules which leads me to wonder how well they understand the situation so I’m not convinced it would really work either.

On the nature of law point: I read a post on another forum sometime ago which made the point that in English law everything which is not specifically forbidden is permitted, but in EASA land everything that is not specifically permitted is forbidden. I’m not sure if this is true or not, but it did cause me to think about trawling through the EASA documents looking for the bit where it says it’s okay to fly wearing trousers……

EGSC

Having read this . . .

“– If you are qualified CPL pilot, your company could be allowed to charge your passengers with profit (under some national conditions for commercial flights), since a CPL pilot does not have the right to earn money with his own plane without an operator (other person/company). "

. . . which is basically nonsense (you need an AOC to charge passengers), it casts significant doubt in my mind as to how clued up these guys actually are.

EGNS, EGKB, EGCV, United Kingdom

you need an AOC to charge passengers…

And a special permission by several authorities if a Moroccan company wants to perform domestic commercial flights within the UK or between EU countries, which it will never get.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Good luck transferring cash in and out of Morocco.

Into Morocco is easy. Getting it out is the problem. Why on earth would you set it up there??? IOM, Switz, Jersey, Bermuda etc.

Last Edited by JasonC at 30 Apr 22:38
EGTK Oxford

Question – under FAA if the “operator” is a company, does the pilot not need commercial privileges then?

Question – under FAA if the “operator” is a company, does the pilot not need commercial privileges then?

No. Only if they are being paid.

EGTK Oxford
44 Posts
Sign in to add your message