Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A syndicate around an LAA aircraft

Is there a section on the site to advertise group flying?

flyrokospol (rokospol aviation LAA 600kg) are looking at setting up non equity group based in Scotland and North London.

We are trying to gauge the level of interest ......

It's OK to mention it here.

Normally, however, we delete postings from businesses who just post a straight advert for their own product or service, without asking us first (see guidelines).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A non-equity group around a PtF aeroplane? I think that, legally speaking, you're on rather dodgy ground there.

If it's LAA, then I can't see any workaround that permits it to be flown by anybody who isn't genuinely a part owner, unless they get to do so for free.

For non-equity groups, you really need a CofA as, for all reasonable purposes, this is hire and reward. A true syndicate is fine with an LAA type.

Also somebody needs to build it, and that needs to be the joint owners (unless there's a supply of second hand aeroplanes of the type?) You can't bring a manufactured aeroplane into the UK on an LAA permit.

I assume that your company is this one: http://www.flyrokospol.co.uk/about-us ?

It refers to an LAA Type Certificate. If that means the UK Light Aircraft Association, then there is no such thing. LAA doesn't issue TCs, it issues Permits to Fly, and it can only do so for amateur built aeroplanes. They also don't list the type on their approved aircraft list, whilst the flyrokospol website doesn't list on their website CS.21 approvals which would allow them to sell aeroplanes with a CofA.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

I think he means LSA

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

If he does, my comments are still pretty much the same. Sub-ICAO LSA are still on permits, albeit EASA permits. The only real difference is that it may be possible to factory manufacture.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

I think he means LSA

Maybe, but it does say "LAA type certificate" in the link provided at #03

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message