Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Absurd new Tariffs at Rocket Route ...

achimha wrote:

German AIS does actually. They use tools such as “autorouter” In general they are very helpful but that is most likely partly due to them being keen on justifying their existance. I am sure that one day this service will end.

Can confirm for France as well. I was having trouble creating an IFR flight plan and called up the BRIA. They were super helpful and went through the lists of flight plans that had already been validated for my specific route.

Turns out I had to file a VFR level for an IFR route. Makes perfect sense. Would’ve never figured it out otherwise.

As for Rocketroute, the smallest subscription (which was the one that I used) doubled in price as well from my previous renewal. Will not renew.

Last Edited by antoinebk at 05 Jul 13:42
LFLP/LSGL

antoinebk wrote:

Can confirm for France as well. I was having trouble creating an IFR flight plan and called up the BRIA. They were super helpful and went through the lists of flight plans that had already been validated for my specific route.

I’ve never dared try this with the Swedish AIS/ARO… Maybe I should.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I was playing with an idea of buying RR some years ago. But since there is autorouter, I see absolutely no reason. Back-up ? I can call LKPR ARO and they do the filling. Routing ? Eurocontrol web page. not as easy as Achim´s baby but good for back up.
Another back-up – ibs.rlp.cz. You can do even VFR flight plans, they have kind of mobile app. UI is not anywhere near Autorouter but again enough as back up.

LKKU, LKTB

loco wrote:

I’m staying with RR, as it’s the only global tool that I know. I also likeit’s automated handler communication and fuel ordering app.

I actually hated the handler and fuel sides. Cuumbersome and never offered anything I couldn’t do more easily with an email and a couple of fuel cards.

EGTK Oxford
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message