Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

tmo wrote:

Can an ADL fill a flight plan to a Garmin GNS like a Flighstream 210 would?

Unfortunately not. The RS232 line which outputs the flight plan from a GNS/GTN unit is one way only. The only way to get a flight plan in the GTN/GNS is a flightstream and then Garmin Pilot or ForeFlight as the sending app.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Can an ADL fill a flight plan to a Garmin GNS like a Flighstream 210 would? That would be great icing on the weather cake…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Peter wrote:

The ADL150 I have is the best money spent on my plane, along with TKS

Definitely. I added using it to my checklist – before sending flight plan to panel I send it to ADL and download latest weather info. On longer flights if everything is ok during the flight I just download METAR one hour before reaching destination.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The ADL150 I have is the best money spent on my plane, along with TKS

Even if I only used it for metars and tafs, it would be worth it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is an excellent video!

Thanks for watching Peter. Glad you enjoyed it.

If anyone wants to read the interview, I’ve also typed it out on my blog (To the best word for word) if you don’t watch the vlog.

https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/golze-in-flight-weather/

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

This is an excellent video!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

An interview I’ve done with @Sebastian_G – A real must watch if you are wanting to explore Europe, more safely and efficiently thus improving your despatch rate.

You can read more at the blog post;

https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/golze-in-flight-weather/

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 29 Oct 23:01
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Yesterday I got another proof how one has to have full understanding of meteorological conditions before analyzing radar and IC images in order to come to correct conclusion about the weather.

Getting an image like this in convective weather would probably be a big no-no for fly through while actual weather was pretty benign with some light icing at FL100 and above (easily handled with TKS) and some rain below and practically no turbulence.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Przemek wrote:

Am getting some questions from customers to integrate adl to new Garmin GTN’s or G3X. Any chance for this?

That is all possible. The way it works is the Garmin installation must be ADS-B in capable. In practice this means GTX345 or the rare GDL88 must be installed for GTN or G3X (or G1000 and others). The G3X is a nice exception. It can also work with the expensive GTX345 but it will also talk to the much cheaper GDL39(R) GDL50(R) GDL52(R) devices.

On the ADL side you will need an ADL140 / 150(B) / 190 / 200 plus the additional ADLS1G box. Or as a portable solution the ADL180B will also support this feature.

This video shows how to configure all this using a GPS695 + GDL39 combination on the Garmin side:

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Am getting some questions from customers to integrate adl to new Garmin GTN’s or G3X. Any chance for this?

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark
649 Posts
Sign in to add your message