Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice on the process of buying an airplane!!

They key things are autopilot ie does it have GFC700, WAAS and ADS-B

[my bold]

Isn’t that what I said?

Can a G1000 be WAAS but the aircraft not be LPV capable, actually or legally? That is certainly possible for commercial aircraft.

Well, one does need an AFMS supplement authorising GPS approaches and LPV specifically but would there be a G1000 installation which is WAAS and which didn’t come with that? That would entrap nearly all pilots.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
ESSZ, Sweden

ABCD wrote:

@Arne: do you have a link to the checklist (couldnt find anything on transportstyrelsens website).

@ABCD: here

[link fixed]

Last Edited by Arne at 17 Jan 11:04
ESMK, Sweden

Tack så mycket ESMK och Fly310.
Nice to see that we have Swedish aviation enthusiast in this forum.

Last Edited by ABCD at 17 Jan 18:58
ESGT/ESGP, Sweden

No problem and good luck. I would probably also recommend to use a broker for these (rather expensive)airplane types. There are many pits to fall in.

ESSZ, Sweden

@Jesse
Jesse wrote:

This aircraft list Garmin GRS 77 VOR, which is not correct as GRS 77. You possibly would be interested to know (and verify) if it has GIA-63 or GIA-63W units.

The non W units are non WAAS, and prevents you to fly LPV / LNAV/VNAV approaches. As these will become more common, the lack of these might limit your operation.

I have verified with the seller and they have confirmed the aircraft has GIA-63. Is it possible to upgrade it to GIA-63W? I have heard this can be done with a STC, how much does the upgrade cost?

Many thanks

ESGT/ESGP, Sweden

ABCD wrote:

how much does the upgrade cost?

I will have to find out. Send you a PM for some details.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

ABCD wrote:

I have verified with the seller and they have confirmed the aircraft has GIA-63. Is it possible to upgrade it to GIA-63W? I have heard this can be done with a STC

Yes it can be done on most, but not all aircraft. It depends if the manufacturer made an upgrade path for that aircraft, or if there is a thirdth party STC available.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Urbe Aero offers the G1000 WAAS upgrade for +/- 23K ex VAT.
EASA STC 10048207

What is the average price to have a DA42 under a CAMO? I have received a price of 250 Euros a month to have it under a camo program at local airport.

Also regarding Insurance, should I search for a company in Sweden or any European insurance company will work??

your feedback is really appreciated.

ESGT/ESGP, Sweden
Sign in to add your message