Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 10-13 April 2019

What happens when you click on the link?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I should be there all 4 days but am not yet sure if I can be free on Friday for the common meal, as I head a group of people there.

Our stand should be found in the “flight sim corner” even though we are a forum (ILS Flight Forum). Hope to see some of you like last year.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hi All

As some of you know I’m working with UK adventurer James Ketchell (jamesketchell.net ) on his world record attempt to fly an open cockpit gyrocopter around the world.

He will be at Friedrichshafen for the AeroExpo with his gyrocopter on the MAGNI stand and will also be giving at least one of his inspiring motivational talks. Do see if you can find time to go and support him.

He sets off, with the usual fingers crossed for ok wx, on 31st March from Popham airfield in Wiltshire.

He was interviewed by SkyNews a couple of days ago at Popham https://www.facebook.com/james.ketchell.7/videos/10155742889337101/

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

@Jude098 I’ll have a spare seat but I won’t be able to confirm until next week, if that helps.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

A lot of mixed opinions in previous years threads on flying into Aero… for people who are new to flying to Aero (normally go via car) are there any general pieces of advice on what to do/avoid?

Examples:

• Better off arriving IFR / VFR?
  • Nuisance to fuel there?
  • Clearing customs elsewhere (if arriving from UK)?
  • Time of arrival / departure (maybe mid-day is better than earlier/later?)

Thanks!

EGSX

TimR wrote:

Better off arriving IFR / VFR?
Nuisance to fuel there?
Clearing customs elsewhere (if arriving from UK)?
Time of arrival / departure (maybe mid-day is better than earlier/later?)

IFR
Refuel immediately on arrival
Immigration is fast, no need to do it elsewhere
Time of arrival is what you get when booking slot
Don’t leave your flying license in aircraft you’ll need to present it to security on departure

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If anyone is flying toward Dusseldorf/Cologne/Essen on the Saturday afternoon and has an empty seat, I’d be happy to share the cost of fuel (and be your autopilot!). I have to get to Wuppertal that evening . . . or latest the following morning. I have a PPL and normally fly PA-28s out of Conington in Southern England. Aki

Aki
Aki
Conington, United Kingdom

I can’t remember if I already said, but I have five spare seats from Biggin to Friedrichshafen, Tuesday to Sunday.

Note that that is before it starts to after it finishes.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Friedrichshafen have just told me that I need slots for the Tuesday and Sunday :-(

EGKB Biggin Hill

Does anyone have experience of arriving VFR?

EDHS, Germany
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one