Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 18-21 April 2018

Many of us meet up there. It’s a good location in a nice scenic part of southern Germany.

Website

18-21 April 2018

PPR stuff

I think they left “2017” in some of the text

EDIT:

A Telegram group has been created for this meet-up. To join it, click on this invite link

https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDkVPP_LuNjl3sCLW5g

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

With friends from my flying club, we plan to fly there and visit the show on Friday.
We plan to fly into EDNY early Friday from EDTD Donaueschingen and fly back to EDTD in the evening.

EDTD have fuel, customs with PPR and a nice hotel/restaurant, night flying is possible too with PPR .

So at lunch Friday or if anyone wants to make a stop in the Black Forest, it would be a pleasure to chat !

Maybe one day is not enough to visit AERO. Frankly, we do not hope to see every booth there.
It’s mainly a nice destination for a bunch of pilots spending a long weekend flying.

LFOU, France

I’ll probably come if my engines upgrade is finished as planned but I’m not sure about the date yet.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

As always, I will be there the whole AERO.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

If I can arrange a place on one of our planes going there (and work permits) I will be at the AERO.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

vmvv are organising a charter flight – a funny way to promote private flying, I can’t help thinking.
Previous years they likewise chartered a VLM/VisionAir F50 from EBAW but this time it will be from big EBBR.

See here

Last Edited by at 14 Jan 15:20
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Agree, but the chances of getting there on time are 99,9 %

EBST, Belgium

This is now on the exhibition page

This is interesting

Pilots flying to Bodensee Airport without PPR slot must pay an additional post-slot fee.

Perhaps an acknowledgement of reality? This is on another part of their website:

Can someone phone them and ask how big the “fine” would be? Also ask if they plan to run their previous policy of suspending (in effect, cancelling) any inbound flight plans who ETA is outside the slot. That caused huge problems for many pilots, not just because Autorouter runs a fixed aircraft performance model and doesn’t allow the ETA to be tweaked. I had to use EuroFPL to file my last flight plan there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Slots can probably be booked from Tuesday, April 3, 2018 9 a.m. (local time)

Slots date has changed:

Saturday, April 7, 2018 9 a.m. (local time)

ESME, ESMS

Peter wrote:

Can someone phone them and ask how big the “fine” would be?

I remember reading somewhere that it is 50€, but I cannot recall where.

Found it: http://www.aero-expo.com/aero-wAssets/pdf/en/180115_FuP_HO_Gebuehren-Eintrittspreise-AERO-2018-en.pdf

local copy

Last Edited by Dimme at 04 Feb 13:55
ESME, ESMS
75 Posts
Sign in to add your message