Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 18-21 April 2018

This has just arrived by email from the organisers.

It doesn’t actually say you must arrive within your booked slot; that would make GA flight almost impossible unless one was departing just up the road.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Flightforum . ch staff will be there, me too from Thursday through Sunday. I am not sure which hall we are in but it is where the flight simulation stuff is, as we are guests of Aerosoft.

Looking forward to see a lot of you there.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

It doesn’t actually say you must arrive within your booked slot; that would make GA flight almost impossible unless one was departing just up the road.

You are obviously still under stress from what happened to you few years ago. I must admit that I haven’t had any problem arriving few minutes before of after designated slot in last 5 years.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You are right Actually what I really hate is being treated with such arrogance. I occassionally see this in my business – currently I see it from some Chinese suppliers.

I think it was in 2016 that they cancelled my flight plan. Not sure what the procedure was in 2017; I didn’t go anyway.

Administrator

2014 I departed before dawn to avoid canceling FP because of strong headwind forecasted.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

There will be a mad scramble on 7th April to get slots. And a lot of them will be wasted, or simply not needed because they are much wider than is needed for the aircraft to approach and land.

What we don’t know is whether they will be cancelling flight plans whose ETA falls outside the booked slot. They are not saying they will, suggesting it will be just the €50 fine, but equally they didn’t say they will be doing it when they were doing it So I would still try to hack the ETA to fit the slot you bought, just to be sure. When they cancelled mine, it was as I was walking up to the plane, having filed it the previous day or sooner IIRC. It looked like an exercise to rub one’s nose in it.

Administrator

There are now 21 people in the telegram group so it looks like it will be a good meet-up.

Administrator

I’m considering to depart from LFMD. Pretty sure it should be OK to get an aircraft for 3/4 days. I’ve got an EASA PPL (A) and have flown in different countries around Europe, but never between countries. In this case, I would be flying from France, and over Italy, Switzerland before arriving in EDNY.

Could someone let me know if there’s any paperwork needed for that? (apart from the PPR slot)

Considering this will be a VFR flight, should I file a flight plan?

LFMD

jamiltz wrote:

Considering this will be a VFR flight, should I file a flight plan?

Yes, you have to file a fileplan. No other paperwork is required.

EBMO, EBKT

Hi All, I will be flying from Poland (staying Tuesday-Saturday). I’m looking for a place to stay – seems that it is a short call – will appreciate if any of you got an info on any accomodation (someone resigned, additional room, etc.) Thank you, Tomas(z)

EPBC
Sign in to add your message