Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 2017

We were planning to come with two aircraft from my club, but some people cancelled the trip, so we’ll only use one aircraft.

If someone wants one or both slots for the other aircraft, send me a PM. We have an arrival slot on the 6th at 1640-1700Z and a departure slot on the 8th at 0800-0820Z, both IFR.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

How strict is EDNY with the arrival timeslots?
Do they still let you land if you arrive after your assigned slot?

Previous years’ experience says that the flight plan ETA must be within the slot otherwise the arrogant pompous bastards nice helpful people in EDNY OPS will suspend (in effect, cancel) your flight plan, and IME they may well do it just before your EOBT, just to drive home the message, via maximum hassle, that you should not do this. Various previous threads on this nice topic – see this time last year

The problem with Achim’s Autorouter is that it works out the EET based on the aircraft model performance and you cannot adjust (well not when I used it last in this scenario) the EET in order to make the ETA fall within the slot. So if e.g. the calculated EET is 2hrs and your slot is 1.8 hrs from right-now, and your FP has been chucked out by EDNY, there is no way you can do it. So I used EuroFPL to get around this; it allows any EET to be manually specified and you merely need to be within Eurocontrol’s own perf model which has a huge leeway – about 30% either way. Or UK-address pilots could file via AFPEX.

Your actual arrival time is not critical but I don’t know what happens if you arrive hours late.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

lenthamen wrote:

How strict is EDNY with the arrival timeslots?
Do they still let you land if you arrive after your assigned slot?

The information the’ve given this year says they might let you land (not certain), but if they do you will get a € 50 extra charge and the handling charge will not be reduced by the amount you paid for the slot.

And they wonder why visitor numbers are a fraction of what they were 10 years ago…

Admittedly this is party due to it being every year but clearly the airport has absolutely zero interest in the success of the exhibition, and they make that point very loudly.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

And they wonder why visitor numbers are a fraction of what they were 10 years ago…

Admittedly this is party due to it being every year but clearly the airport has absolutely zero interest in the success of the exhibition, and they make that point very loudly.

I do think that they are more reasonable than two years ago — at least according to the information they publish.

Arrow, 3 POB, VFR slot Wednesday 15:00 UTC
Are we eating at LSC Restaurant ?
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://lsc-restaurant.de/&prev=search
Will check back in thread – we did my last visit 2015

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

See no EuroGA Dining arrangements. – Friday evening @ LSC ??
Remember also from 2015 Seehof Restaurant at 6 Olgastrasse.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

I vote for LSC on Friday!

FWIW, the restaurant we did in 2016 was excellent and far nicer than the flying club place which we did the year before (was that the “LSC”?) which was incredibly crowded and noisy. But the restaurant needed to be booked some time in advance. The details will be in the 2016 EDNY thread.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message