Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero/Friedrichshafen 2013

Dublin pilot, it was a pleasure to meet you.

LKKU, LKTB

Just wanted to say thanks to Nobbi, Michel and WhatNext for calling over to the PocketFMS stand to say hello to me. It was really appreciated, and really nice to meet you guys.

It's always nice to met in person the people who we are talking with. Much appreciated! I hope you guys enjoyed the show and got home safely.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

It looks like the show staff of both Avidyne and Garmin could do with some recurrent training

Neither product (the IFD and the GTN) supports fuel totaliser interfaces, according to them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I noticed Avidyne had a Shadin fuel totaliser on their stand so I asked if the IFD540 (scheduled to be available Dec 2013 BTW) would accept the fuel data from it, to display the Landing FOB. Guess what the reply was? You've got it! "Not in the initial release". What are these people smoking?

I checked this unlikely piece of news with Steve Jacobson at Avidyne and indeed the first release does support all fuel totalizers also supported by the GNS530W

EHLE, Netherlands

Cooooooll

I just passed my faa cpl seaplane rating last week im Seattle so I am good to go!

I remember visiting the show two years ago, when the weather allowed for lots of VFR arrivals.

When joining Sierra there were aircraft above and below - some of them passed quite close by on the way to Sierra. Tower also asked for a 360 on final "for spacing". Another aircraft asked for FIS and information regarding other aircraft in his vicinity on departure day - ATC replied with "hundreds" :)

It was quite a challenge..

Change to FIS to ask for radar frequency could be helpfull or try and error :-) not always easy!

I agree it's not always easy - I admire people at tower at EDNY handling so much traffic. I can't imagine Croatian towers being able to handle 1/10 of it. The upside of our flight control is that they always have time to give you exact details you've forgot to check in AIP or chart :)

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Emir I like this pic, total had "Angel" girls, also verry nice. On the VFR chart stand max 3.000Ft for dep and arrivel, no altitude must be given by ATC! Change to FIS to ask for radar frequency could be helpfull or try and error :-) not always easy!

EDAZ

The GTN does not support litres, but the GNS has done so for years. It doesn't seem to follow that every GNS function will be in a GTN.

You are correct Peter - metric display of fuel is only added in GTN software version 4, currently we're flying on gallons which is acceptable and "by the book" - all consumption in the Cessna POH is also in gallons..

EDLN and EDKB

What a mess on departure - I doubt that even Frankfurt is busier - I had to depart VFR since IFR required slot booking and earliset available was 18:00 UTC. I was directed to Sierra point (without any info on altitude, just "climb") and then "Continue VFR, you're released from this frequency". I asked "Where to and to what altitude and to which frequency I'll switch?" and I got "Hm ... ok ... continue to KPT to ... and let's say ... FL080 and contact ... Munich." Once I finally contacted Munich and switched to IFR everything was much easier, although autopilot ceased to work properly and I had to fly manually 2.5 hours.

Regarding the fair, I'm considering investing in floats

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
112 Posts
Sign in to add your message