Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

"Air Taxi" with a Cirrus

The FAA I believe.

No such restriction. The FARs do not restrict the use of N-regs outside the USA, assuming the appropriate pilot licensing is in place.

The UK has for a long time had ANO Article 225 which effectively kills most “interesting” N-reg ops, in UK airspace. A lot of them went on under the radar, or the (training, usually) flight was done outside the UK.

France is similar but I have no reference, and any such would be in France’s national laws. It’s the same story as the various national restrictions around Europe on homebuilt privileges. Even pilots find it really hard to dig this stuff out. The only reason Art 225 is well known in the UK is because of some high profile busts which made the magazines and forums. Also the UK ANO, while being very badly phrased in many areas, has always been all in one place – cap393.pdf on caa.co.uk.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The N-reg I fly used to be operated by a French aeroclub which did provide some training with it. I woukdbtherefore be surprised if it were illegal in France.

LFPT, LFPN

[ advert deleted ]

Belgium

Peter must be busy at work, this has been on for over 10 minutes

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

So only Cirrus pilots are stupid enough to pay for things any decent flight planning programm will do for free?

We’ve been spammed a couple of times by Flyaeolus, trying to advertise.

They can’t get their posts up because of the manual approval step for new users.

Their website is interesting in as much they show that SEP GA delivers effortless and reliable air taxi services

How does this actually work in reality? Across the year, random date/time travel, a pilot with large balls and full TKS might achieve a 90% despatch rate. That’s a lot of less than happy customers.

Administrator

Piston Single Engine CAT (Comm Air Transp.) means VFR Day Time only.
Not really flexible.

Poland

yes, and from what a remember, you need to always be at a reasonable distance from airfield or any place where a forced landing may be possible.
This could make “air taxi” a biot complex becouse you route constraints.

CAT.OP.MPA.136 Routes and areas of operation — single-engined aeroplanes
Regulation (EU) 2017/363
Unless approved by the competent authority in accordance with Annex V (Part-SPA), Subpart L — SINGLE-ENGINED TURBINE AEROPLANE OPERATIONS AT NIGHT OR IN IMC (SET-IMC), the operator shall ensure that operations of single-engined aeroplanes are only conducted along routes, or within areas, where surfaces are available that permit a safe forced landing to be executed.

I just checked a simple Cannes to Albertville for 2 people with flyeolus, and it’s 750€ pp for 1 hour flight. 1500€/h on a SR22, sure you can earn money, just need customers…

Last Edited by greg_mp at 04 Feb 15:41
LFMD, France

The mentioned company is non commercial/shared ownership. I think a Cirrus can be a good tool for some purposes. Especially short distances (1-2 hrs vs 5hrs+ in a car) and smaller airfields not accessible to jets.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sure the plane is useful for shorter mission profiles; I was wondering how a business deals with the customer [non]appreciation of the wx risk.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message