Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft covers?

Just received the cover made by Jim Cancil (Planecover) and placed it.
It is a fantastic piece of workmanship, perfectly adjusted and fitting the aircraft like a glove.
The fabric has no thing to compare with the previous one (see above).
I expect to keep it a long time !

Just got some interesting stuff by email from Bruce’s Custom Covers:

This is relevant because the cover must be washed after any instance of touching the tarmac – because the grit will scratch the windows really nicely. I have in the past taken mine to a local commercial laundry but after one such wash it shrunk by about 10% so one must tell them to do it at low temp.

This is also interesting although I am sure it won’t cover US shipping:

And what is the “life of the cover”?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am looking for a European aircraft cover manufacturer similar with the quality and material like Bruce’s Cover (USA).
https://aircraftcovers.com/
The one I have and got it from Bruce’s in ~2006 starts slowly slowly to reach the end of its lifetime.
Any ideas ?

Last Edited by petakas at 06 Apr 18:25
LGMG Megara, Greece

I can highly recommend Clouddancers, have the Complete Cover and the Canopy Cowling Cover for a Bristell B23. https://clouddancers.de/en/
Not cheap, but very high quality and durable material.

EDKV, Germany

+1 for Clouddancers

EBST, Belgium

For a TB20 in Greece, if normally hangared, nothing beats the Bruce Lightweight Reflective Cover

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have a heavy duty cover for the Cirrus from Cambrai covers. It’s excellent with soft internal fabric for the glass areas and would hold down in a gale. Extremely well made and only 6 kg for a full fuselage cover. In had them make a special one for a RR Dawn – that’s how much I’d recommend them.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

+1 for CLouddancers as well. Got from them a complete cover for my V35A, very strong and thick, breathing material, and it was made exactly to the measurements of the actual aircraft including all those antennas :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

I’ve had my Clouddancer cover for a couple of years. I’ve only used it around 10 times since I have a hangar, and I try to get a hangar when traveling – even if expensive. It’s a good quality cover, fits well, dries quickly. Can’t recall the price but it seemed in line with the market at the time.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland
49 Posts
Sign in to add your message