Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft covers?

I’ve had my Clouddancer cover for a couple of years. I’ve only used it around 10 times since I have a hangar, and I try to get a hangar when traveling – even if expensive. It’s a good quality cover, fits well, dries quickly. Can’t recall the price but it seemed in line with the market at the time.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

+1 for CLouddancers as well. Got from them a complete cover for my V35A, very strong and thick, breathing material, and it was made exactly to the measurements of the actual aircraft including all those antennas :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

I have a heavy duty cover for the Cirrus from Cambrai covers. It’s excellent with soft internal fabric for the glass areas and would hold down in a gale. Extremely well made and only 6 kg for a full fuselage cover. In had them make a special one for a RR Dawn – that’s how much I’d recommend them.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

For a TB20 in Greece, if normally hangared, nothing beats the Bruce Lightweight Reflective Cover

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

+1 for Clouddancers

EBST, Belgium

I can highly recommend Clouddancers, have the Complete Cover and the Canopy Cowling Cover for a Bristell B23. https://clouddancers.de/en/
Not cheap, but very high quality and durable material.

EDKV, Germany

I am looking for a European aircraft cover manufacturer similar with the quality and material like Bruce’s Cover (USA).
https://aircraftcovers.com/
The one I have and got it from Bruce’s in ~2006 starts slowly slowly to reach the end of its lifetime.
Any ideas ?

Last Edited by petakas at 06 Apr 18:25
LGMG Megara, Greece

Just got some interesting stuff by email from Bruce’s Custom Covers:

This is relevant because the cover must be washed after any instance of touching the tarmac – because the grit will scratch the windows really nicely. I have in the past taken mine to a local commercial laundry but after one such wash it shrunk by about 10% so one must tell them to do it at low temp.

This is also interesting although I am sure it won’t cover US shipping:

And what is the “life of the cover”?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just received the cover made by Jim Cancil (Planecover) and placed it.
It is a fantastic piece of workmanship, perfectly adjusted and fitting the aircraft like a glove.
The fabric has no thing to compare with the previous one (see above).
I expect to keep it a long time !

It is NOT Bruce.
I expect Sunbrella they (Bruce) use to last longer.
Will see…

49 Posts
Sign in to add your message