Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft grounded by local CAA for expired Transponder / Pitot - Static bi-annual checks

Competent companies always do this check – it’s only the one-man-in-a-van maintenance guys who don’t have the required test equipment.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

On G, IME, this test is rarely done on altimeters because not many firms have the big box for doing it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry for posting that question, I think @wigglyamp gave the answer in an older thread, namely 24month

AMC1 to CS-ACNS.A.GEN.010 requires a check of altitude correspondence and correct Mode S address transmission every 24 months for Mode S installations and this is in line with previous national requirements for Mode C transponders. We had a UK mandatory requirement which later became an EASA AD (AD 2006-0265), later replaced with SIB 2011-15R2 (http://ad.easa.europa.eu/ad/2011-15R2) which now recommends the 24 month testing.

Although it refers only to transponders and not to the pitot – static test …

Last Edited by nobbi at 15 May 08:02
EDxx, Germany

Is the transponder/ pitot -static / altimeter check for G-regs also bi-annual or is it annual? I heard of both versions …

EDxx, Germany

Rosique AIrcraft at Reus does this. I’ve left a message asking whether they could help.
Already asked previously, where are you located?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Try Heliswiss at Sabadell. I know they also travel

Frequent travels around Europe

I use MCA Aviation at EGHH (formerly at EGKA) and there are numerous FAA 145 companies in the UK with the static system tester, but that is of no use to the chap in Spain because probably most of them won’t travel, especially hauling the heavy box on an airline flight at short notice.

Someone suggested the Cessna centre at Valencia is worth a call.

Administrator

Looking at that list of repair stations, it would seem in the UK only IAE and RGV spring to mind as GA orientated firms for this service. Anyone else see one I missed?

I remember going to IAE for the 411 & 413 checks and finding a leak in the system. The flat fee went out the window. I should have had it tested locally first and gone to them knowing there were no leaks….

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

For this you need an FAA 145 company. IAE used to travel to a lot of places. Not sure if they will do Spain. If so, it won’t be cheap; I used to pay about £150 for travelling from Cranfield to Shoreham (a 2hr drive).

There ought to be an FAA 145 facility in Spain. Which part of Spain?

I will ask a few people I know.

Otherwise, FAA Repair Stations can be found here. For Spain it finds four companies.

Administrator

N Reg. Spain.
Urgently need an FAA licensed tech willing to travel to give Cert- 91-411 & 413 tests. I have 4 aircraft to certify
any help to find one please would be much appreciated

33 Posts
Sign in to add your message