Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna T207A thoughts? (also other Cessna 2xx types)

A low time airframe 207 is worth more than zero :) but don’t disagree asking price appears to have a built in profit margin.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I would thing something like this would sell pretty easily in afraica

Theoretically, additionally to being a private family plane, can be put on an AOC and fly short hops with 5 adults (vfr/day). Sightseeing „A-A“ flights would be possible without AOC. Engine fund, maintenance and insurance plus fuel I‘d guess around 350-450€ an hour to operate?

This aircraft is registered to the CEO of Grob Aerospace Germany.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 21 Dec 14:22
always learning
LO__, Austria

There are a few candidates that can haul six people over a 200-300nm sector, and a good example can be found for less than €100k:

Cherokee Six-260
Cessna 205
Cherokee Six-300
Piper Lance
Cessna P206

Have excluded twins, but for an AtoA you might find more business operating a Max Holste Broussard in French military livery (the poor man’s DHC Beaver).

http://spiritinthesky.co.uk/classic-aircraft-sales/broussard-for-sale/

An A2A AoC is probably uneconomical with just one aircraft unless you can associate with an existing AOC who can support the safety management and paperwork costs.

A2A sightseeing/photo flights of 30 minutes carrying up to five passengers might command between €250 and €350 per flight. Not a money spinner once you factor in the AOC crew requirements and safety management.

Snoopy wrote:

Theoretically, additionally to being a private family plane, can be put on an AOC and fly short hops with 5 adults (vfr/day). Sightseeing „A-A“ flights would be possible without AOC

You know how to make a small fortune in aviation? Start with a big one…..

Do you really need space for 6 people all the time? If you need six seats, then another very capable candidate is a C210 or better still, a P210. A C182 is probably too small for you, but a C206 would do nicely.

For a classic case of a 6-seater used for AOC ops, and the resulting fuel [mis]management, look up the G-OMAR accident report. I started my PPL in that school

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interesting report. Doesn’t help too much in establishing if a T207 would make a nice private plane that could atleast have some potential to fullfil my entrepreneurial itch ;) (apart from the fact that a twin is no help if you run out of fuel).

always learning
LO__, Austria

That was A2B, an A2A AOC restricts you to 50nm from the base, although you can move from base to base. Most flights are with around 2 to 3 hours fuel, and don’t last more than 60 minutes. Strict day VFR criteria and adherence to SOPs. Plenty of paperwork (weather, performance, mass and balance, fuel plan, tech log) to fill out for each flight, which gets audited, …for a handsome fee to the regulator. The crew have to be approved with a training captain and carry out line training (water drills, hazardous materials, CRM), with recurrent proficiency checks and CRM. You would be surprised at the extent of the paperwork: logs, manuals, training records, maintenance. Romantic barnstorming it isn’t.

A SEP would have to comply with the glide free rule if flying over built up areas.

Austrian scenery may lend itself to this, but don’t plan to build a pension from it.

The crash of G-OMAR was actually a private flight – a renter who flew it a few hundred nm in the UK. The contributing factors were that the charter operator had no idea of the weight of the potentially six passengers and their gold club bags… so applied a lot of pressure on the renters to not return the plane with more than minimal fuel. Throw in the non-inspectability of the fuel level in a Seneca (or most planes actually) once it gets below about half tanks… G-OMAR did IIRC 14 flights without the real fuel level having ever become visible. They worked on the “tech log” only. I was horrified when I started my PPL there because this was so obviously a recipe for trouble, but this procedure was approved by the CAA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Quote If you need six seats, then another very capable candidate is a C210 or better still, a P210 Quote

Definitely. I can’t think of a more capable SEP. This is our Christmas luggage after today’s flight with 5POB on an airplane that flies 1200nm at 200ktas from a 600m strip.

Last Edited by Antonio at 21 Dec 20:51
Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message