Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheap airplanes to buy, own and fly thread

It was for sale a month or two ago, quite a bit cheaper but no annual.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@capitaine
Do you remember the price?

always learning
LO__, Austria

I think it was in the low or mid 30,000s GBP

always learning
LO__, Austria

And it’s sold
Reims 172s with 2000TT go fast.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Has anyone mentioned the Pietenpol Air Camper yet? good ones seem to be around 20k-30k USD.

Style and cheap! one day…

Switzerland

The Jodel DR1050 is a bargain model. Our one has just sold. We dropped the price and it went in a few days.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Here’s an interesting airplane.

Gardan GY80 Horizon, SN 1… local copy

It’s got 8.33, Mode S, looks quite well kept and has a mid life O320 Engine.

Total payload is an impressive 385 kg. It’s got a manual retracable gear and flaps.

I remember flying one of these a loooong time ago. It has quite an impressive performance for a 160 hp engine due to the retracable gear and variable prop, about 120 ktas I recall.

Looks like a lovely classic if someone is looking for a pure VFR plane.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Gardan GY80 Horizon

I’ve never flown one, but a friend used to own one and apparently they are honest aeroplanes, (in France) cheap to operate as they’re orphans with a good owner’s club. The landing gear and flaps extend and retract simultaneously; you can’t do one without the other.

Capitaine wrote:

a friend used to own one and apparently they are honest aeroplanes, (in France) cheap to operate as they’re orphans with a good owner’s club. The landing gear and flaps extend and retract simultaneously; you can’t do one without the other.

I’d expect so. They have a very common engine and a pretty darn fail safe gear. Even Gear up, you won’t scratch the belly, as it is partially out anyhow. Not sure how many turns it needs to go up and down, but the effect is quite remarkable, it wins a good 20 kts over a similar engined PA28-140. Fuel capacity is good for about 5-6 hours I hear.

I wonder however if there is any (legal) way to e.g install an AP or the likes, with that endurance you might want one.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message