Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheap airplanes to buy, own and fly thread

Mooney_Driver wrote:

This looks interesting too for someone who is looking for a nice little sky hiker…

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=41497
planecheck_OY_ELM_41497_pdf

Cheap and economical. Don’t know much about the make. But could be a fun plane to own.

This may be of some help when it comes to Bölkow Juniors. Looks like a tidy plane and a good price to me.

This is the new one itching me, a Grumman AA-1 for 15K :
https://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=39819

Grumman pilots enjoy a very informative youtube channel about Grumman maintenance :

LFOU, France
Than Bolkow looks a bargain.

We bought a BO208C 16 months ago for £15,500, without 8.33 and Mode S, which we fitted.
I bought 2 guys out to become 75% owner, and have just spent about £11,000 on a strip to bare metal, proofing, and repaint, with some other work. The engine hours are about the same as that example.
Our one is on an LAA Permit, with will save costs on work we can do ourselves.
I flew her from Turweston to Inverness a week ago, with 2 stops.
The max AUW is 630kg, with means full fuel is usually not possible with 2 adults.
Aerobatic, and a superb view from the cockpit.
I’ve put a pic in the photos thread.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

What do you all think of this one:
https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=46423
planecheck_OO_CAL_46423_pdf

1967 F172H, CAMO maintained, all AD/SID done, built in Reims so corrosion protected, could be a nice basic plane without too many surprises? Yes the O300 isn’t the most favorite engine but not the worst either?

I found a POH here
Cessna_172_C172H_1967_OM_bookmarked_pdf

Don’t know if the Reims use the same POH?

Where can I find the applicable EASA TCDS for this (year 1967) plane to find out kinds of operation?
EASA website only shows the current models.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 27 Sep 18:05
always learning
LO__, Austria

built in Reims so corrosion protected

a long time ago, ensure a thorough inspection

the H is a good model year, and the 0-300 is smooth (6 cylinders, 1500 TBO), but still an old timer

also no airframe TT or logs mentioned

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 27 Sep 18:27
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thanks Robert.
According to the advert all logs since new present.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I found that reims models are covered by faa tcds „grandfathered“. According easa nco ifr ops are first and foremost depending on the tcds, possible in this one based on the tcds?

Petersen mogas stc applies I think?

always learning
LO__, Austria

possible in this one based on the tcds?

No doubt: IFR GPS, NAV/COM, 2nd altimetre, 8.33, Mode S, Pitot Heat.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thanks

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

I found that reims models are covered by faa tcds „grandfathered“. According easa nco ifr ops are first and foremost depending on the tcds, possible in this one based on the tcds?

In the era of the C172’s type certificate the concept of limitations on IFR operation within a type certificate had yet to rear its ugly head (in FAA TCs). The requirements for IFR operation are therefore based only on equipment installed.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Sep 04:29
Sign in to add your message