Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GNS530 to Avidyne IFD540 trade in

@Steveavidyne, thank you for your relevant input. Couldn’t you simply offer the same $2500 to the end users as well? Just require first a proof of ownership and later a bill of sale, after which you can mail them a check.

It should be easy to implement, you can even offer this as a one time only rebate (and even give a bigger discount in this case), just store the serial numbers of the GNS units in an Excel file for future reference, a trivial task for any of your employees. As it stands now, I can simply buy the GNS back from the dealer, over and over again, and get unlimited discounted IFD units, using the same GNS :)

On another topic, more relevant to the European users on this forum, do you have an estimate on when will the SkyTrax 100 be able to receive 1090 MHz ADS-B IN signal? And do you have any plan in coming up with an alternative to GTX345, that will offer both ADS-B IN and OUT in one unit?

Thank you and keep up the great work!

LRIA, Romania

Hi Alex, I am afraid we dont sell directly so that is why we offer a buy back scheme with our dealer network. If the dealer wants to take atvantage of the rebate then the units are sent back to Avidyne from the dealer. This is in order to receive the rebate from us. We check its in working condition and then issue them a credit. If the dealer sells an IFD to you and takes back the GNS and keeps it then it is fine. If he sells it back to you and then you buy another IFD and he gives you a rebate directly again that is fine for me aswell. It is the dealer who will be doing this for you. We dont mind how many times the dealer does this with you, we still sell the IFD’s to the dealer each time.

I am afraid that I do not have any information regarding the SkyTrax100, we will release info when we are able to announce anything.

We teamed up with L3, so when you purchase and IFD then you are able to buy a Lynx 9000 which is 1090 out and In and 978. We have announced that our next software release will allow the IFD to control their Remote version of the Lynx9000 which will be of great benefit to owners of limited panel space

I see, I thought the dealer gets to keep the GNS after receiving the credit from you.

The Lynx 9000 looks impressive. Can I order it now, or should I wait for your next software release? Do you already have figured out how to physically interconnect, so I can install both the IFD540 and the Lynx 9000 at the same time, without having to rewire when the software update is released?

LRIA, Romania

i have a request in with engineering as they have not published the new data, that will be done when the new release is done as it is certified data.. If I can get a draft I will send but I am not keen on drafts as it might change. I will PM when I get news.

@AlexTB20: Of course, you can take your broken GNS530 in a carry on bag to Miami and let it check there, why not? Nobody forces you to use a European shop for repairs, especially not of a US made piece of equipment for a US registered aircraft. Just go to customs before leaving EU, officially declare it as ‘US manufactured’ and ‘returning good for repair’ and on return present the repair bill to pay import turnover tax on the repair, if your aircraft is subject to EU tax. If unsure about the procedure, talk to your local customs representative on their exact requirements, which is what I would do in the first place.

Last Edited by at 13 Feb 15:30

@dejwu: if your aircraft is subject to EU tax

I am not sure about this… The aircraft is N registered on an US trust. Would that mean that whatever I buy for that aircraft isn’t subjected to VAT or import taxes?

LRIA, Romania

@AlexTB20: The question is whether your aircraft is permanently stationed in the EU. If it is, it is a good in free circulation and import turnover tax tax has to be paid. If the US registered aircraft is only in EU transit, temporarily stationed, no import turnover tax is paid on the aircraft and every spare part or repair you bring will as well be not taxed.

Go for Avidyne, I sold, my 530/430 combo for good price in France. I use it since a year, happy with it. Won’t go back to Garmin GTN, I had GTN650 in my previous TB20, was OK, but Avidyne is a different ballgame.

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

The aircraft is N registered on an US trust. Would that mean that whatever I buy for that aircraft isn’t subjected to VAT or import taxes?

You pay import VAT into Europe regardless.

There is no import duty on AIRCRAFT PARTS but you need to make sure the seller puts that on the paperwork in big letters, all over it, on every page

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Would you buy new avionics right now ? I’d wait ‘till Sun & Fun or even Oshkosh to see what new products come out.

EBST, Belgium
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message