Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Affordable light twins?

RobertL18C wrote:

a three engined type, with the third engine in the nose

At least you can see the propeller that way, which makes starting somewhat easier than sticking it up on the tail.

EGKB Biggin Hill

In all it’s glory the PA-32-3M

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

So they moved from three motors to two? Reductio ad absurdum, you could remove another engine and have an aeroplane with just one, presumably on the nose. Ridiculous.

EGKB Biggin Hill

RobertL18C wrote:

In all it’s glory the PA-32-3M

Looking at those fixed gears and how close the props to the fuselage, I wonder if that ugly design has to do with pre-1972 oil price at 3$/barrel

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Someone has just sent me this

A big range of prices, which shows just how far prices will fall – more or less down to the value of the two engines as has been previously indicated.

The 2nd from the bottom shows you can get more if some decent avionics, even though it appears to not have flown much in a couple of years. That one was owned by a long-time poster here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If anyone wants a cheap Navajo 310, and is willing to do the prop overhauls… or go n reg… then pm me.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

And prop overhauls not mandatory unless it’s an AD, which very few are.

WilliamF wrote:

If anyone wants a cheap Navajo 310, and is willing to do the prop overhauls… or go n reg… then pm me.

Why prop overhauls? Calendar time? Do they have to be done under NCO?

I rather wonder about the AP… is that one fixable at a decent price.

The Navajo is a lovely plane but of course in Europe not very attractive due to Eurocontrol taxes and huge Avgas prices. Hence the low prices I reckon. Apart, the Navajo is a cabin class twin, does it still count as light twin? I wonder what kind of flight hour price a Navajo generates. Massively beyond a Seneca or Twin Com I suppose. On the other hand, you can probably fly quite a while alone from the saving in initial capital.. i.e. the “cheap” one advertized costs a mere 54k Euros so if someone is e.g. looking for a 150k twin he’d have quite a bit of money left over to augment the difference.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Ok, now here is something I have never even heard of it existed:

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=48483 planecheck_NOREG_48483_pdf

A Piper Apache with 2x Avco Lycoming O-540-B1A5?

And 4800 lb MTOW? Which makes it an Aztek rather than an Apache?

Has anyone knowledge of this type? The price is not bad for a pretty pristine example which has been in storage.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It’s the ultimate evolution of the apache which was successful in in the field and prompted the development of the aztec. I’ve a book about them somewhere

Sign in to add your message