Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cherokee 6

Is that a good price or just „..meh..“?

Why are the Cherokees/Saratogas priced lower than the 6 seat Cessnas? 3 vs 1 oleo strut to service can’t be it?!

Here is a GNS530W equipped example for ~ 100k.

http://www.europlanesales.com/1976-piper-pa-32-260-cherokee-six

There is also another sub 80k one with nice 7 seat interior.

Are there any C6 owners on this board?

I’ll check for performance figures later.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Oh, this was my first (share of a) plane!

It was blue at the time. The panel hasn’t changed much, apart from the G5 HSI. I only put 16 hours on it before selling it back, the main owner had his own plans, I guess that’s the diplomatic way to put it. Some lovely trips to the isle of Wight and to Deauville. A bit underpowered but you could only tell in the cruise, take offs with that prop seemed very short.

Edit: funny to see G-ELLA on that site, for sale as well. That panel has been modernised nicely. That’s a lovely plane which played a key role in my flying; after taking my PPL, I really didn’t see how I would be able to travel with my family (3 kids), until someone mentioned the club at White Waltham had a 6-seater to rent. Went there, and did my IMC rating in their arrow and in G-ELLA. I would not be flying today if that plane had not been available.

Last Edited by denopa at 23 Apr 16:06
EGTF, LFTF

Denopa, why G-ELLA is so expensive?
Six-seater? Quater of a mil is a bit too much… Or am I missing something here?

EGTR

I don’t know the market, but nice paint, nice panel, low time airframe and engine, really capable plane…

EGTF, LFTF

Apart from different plans anything else that prompted you to sell back?

always learning
LO__, Austria

From my knowledge of low wing Piper wing spar concerns, and my previous experience with poor parts availability from Piper for their legacy aircraft, I would not buy one. I’m probably not the only person with this opinion…

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy: no concern with the aircraft when I sold it. But it was in 2011, I have zero idea what happened to it since.

EGTF, LFTF

Snoopy wrote:

Why are the Cherokees/Saratogas priced lower than the 6 seat Cessnas

Am not sure I would agree with @pilot_DAR, parts availability from Piper is good and the potential wing spar AD is a recent event, and yet the Six always was cheaper than the 206, and arguably had a more comfortable cabin. They were used commercially, including in Alaska. Apparently they were good transporting coffins for funeral parlours! As a low wing, pretty impractical on floats, which arguably is the big advantage for the 206.

The 206 is so prevalent as a bush plane that I wonder whether this gives it a premium image, a bit like the Defender (go to the outback in a Defender, come back in a LandCruiser :)). The Six owners I know love their Six (with a preference to the 300HP version), and passengers have a very nice ride in club seat comfort.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrgLtXl2LZ

Here’s a good video showing something I’d say might be tight in a PA32. The landing gear and the flaps are the magic of the 206, hence the price delta.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message